Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking for the most inexpensive and easy solution to making card holders for my Battle Cry and now C&C Ancients for a while. I've tried a couple designs made from wood, but found it fiddly and time-consuming. Particularly since I want enough for double-board BC and C&C Ancients. I think I've finally found the perfect solution (for me anyway). I ran across it in my local lumber yard. They were labelled as Plastic Sliders for 1/8" Doors. It came in a 6 foot length for about $6. There were two hard plastic strips in the package, one strip was useless for what I was looking to do (so it went in the scrap pile for a hopeful future use), but the other strip was perfect. It's height and width is about 5/8" square and it has two (sort of W-shaped) grooves about 3/16" wide. I cut mine into 7-5/8" lengths which comfortably fits three cards. I can get 9 pieces this size out of the strip I bought. I'll upload a picture of them in use to the gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.Looking forward to pics.

Like alot of us, I just use the card holders from M'44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I went ahead and bought 7 wooden card holders from Great Hall Games for $3.50 each. Three slots, holds a mess of cards. Mainly bought for Friedrich so players wouldn't get their cards for each country messed up, but as I carry them in my travel box, I use two of them for C&C. They look nice and work great.
Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to use my M'44 card holders for BC, but then I took my M'44 to the club one day (40 mile drive) and found out I'd left my card holders in the BC box.cry

That's when I resolved [cue stirring music] to make card holders for each game so that I would never again have to suffer the inconvenience of holding command cards in my own hand.

If this sort of thing has never been a problem for you, then I suggest you are either:
(a) Too well-organized.
(b) Insufficiently lazy.
(c) Not disturbingly obsessed with every variant of the C&C system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see them on the site, happen to have a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
I went ahead and bought 7 wooden card holders from Great Hall Games for $3.50 each. Three slots, holds a mess of cards. Mainly bought for Friedrich so players wouldn't get their cards for each country messed up, but as I carry them in my travel box, I use two of them for C&C. They look nice and work great.
Cheers,
Bill

I've been eyeing those, too. I can think of a bunch of games they'd go well with. A couple of those for Conquest of the Empire and a lot of clutter goes by the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, pictures have to be approved before they show up, hence the delay. But I see it's in there now. I took the picture at a pretty sharp angle, so if you look at the full-size version you can see the grooves and how the cards sit in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Eriksen
United States
Monte Vista
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here is a link to the card holders... just ordered some plus a couple of card trays

http://www.greathallgames.com/acards/acrdAcc.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day to enter the Print and Play - Secret Santa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.