Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody played this? Is it any good and is there a entry on the geek, I couldn't find any?
I might try and make a big campaign game out of this.
Regards
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
It was mostly regular D&D with a battle system. The battle system was based on a battle map, and the units were cards that had attributes to them. You placed them in troop formations, rolled some dice, etc. It had elements of a board game, which might make it considered as such, but mostly was a tool for role playing the setting. But since it came out right before D20, it was kind of lost in the wayside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I did't know that there was an AD&D Birthright Campaign boardgame. I played the RPG. It is one of the most complex games ever. I tried to learn it for weeks. Then, a PC game set in the Birthright world came out, complete with all of the actual RPG rules, and I learned it practically overnight. It was fantastically deep and detailed, but it was a monster trying to get through a campaign.

Sorry, this doesn't help. I would be very interested to see how a boardgame in the Birthright world all came together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boardgame, I think it's called Legacy of Kings, or something like that, was one of those products that fell by the wayside after TSR got bought over by WOTC. It was available as an internet download at the WOTC website (not sure if it's still there). I downloaded it a few years ago when I was still RPGing. It's a straightforward fantasy wargame where you take one of the realms and try to grow your power, usually using your military strength. There's a GM in the game and he controls the awnshegh realms and the NPC realms. I never got round to playing it in the end so I can't say how well it plays. But as a boardgame, given the more limited roleplaying sphere, my guess is that the game can be unbalanced for some players, like Tuarhieval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Birthright Campaign Boardgame Free Download!
Thank's for the input!
The download (free) is still there:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20020121x5
I do own the basic set and a couple of "Realm" books. I would be interessted to hear from someone who played the boardgame and some input on how to get a big campaign game going.
I will put the game into the Geek-Database, if I can get any comment on how it plays.
Regards
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already in the database:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/18969
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doooh!
Thanks for pointing it out! Have you played the game?
Regards
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.