Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eager to play this, however with the time I have for gaming it's unlikely to happen all that often because it's two player and I'm normally in a multiplayer setting. Is there any scenerio that combines multiple sets so that four people could play at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I have seen, unless there is a fanmade one already.
The biggest reason for this is that the boards don't line up as well as the M'44 boards did, because of the borders.
The best thing to do in this case is pick up an extra map from GMT and cut the border on one side, both sides, or all four sides. This is what I'm going to do with fellow Geek SteveM. With all four sides cut down, we can have a lengthwise "Overlord" game, or a widthwise "Overlord" game. Just keep the borders that you cut so that whichever style you use, you can put the borders back so it looks better.

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of any dedicated double-board scenarios at this time, but it would be relatively easy to take a standard scenario and double the number of units in each section. From my M'44 Overlord experience, I'd recommend playing with six players if you can. Put the commander-in-chief in charge of the center section and have a different player for both flanks. Double the number of command cards and use the same rules as M'44 Overlord for handing them out and drawing new cards.

I'd recommend you take a little time before you try this to decide how to apply the command cards. For example, I'd say that the Order Medium/Heavy/Light Troops cards would be only applied to the section of the player using the card and use the command number of the 2-player scenario. I'd also limit any card that says "order all troops" (Darken the Skies, Clash of Shields, etc.) to the section of the using player. The M'44 Overlord rules are a good guideline to how to make similar cards work, you can use the "Their Finest Hour" rules for "I Am Spartacus" and "Ambush" for "First Strike", etc.

I'd also use a rule for player's choosing to act on their own initiative when they don't get a command card, pretty much like the M'44 version. Roll a battle die and activate 1 unit of the symbol rolled. Leader symbol would be a leader or unit of choice. Crossed swords require you to lose a block from one of your units. Flag symbol requires you to retreat with one unit.

If you try this out, let us know how it went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.