Subject: Dark Age and T&P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Digman
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
Sorry for the noobiness of this question, but the rules eem unclear to me. When you are in a Dark Age, do you have to win the T&P to advance, or can you lose and still get the free advance just because you played the T&P? Feel free to point out the rules passage that explains this to me.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, I didn't bring the 7 Ages rulebook with me to work today, but I know the rule.

The only thing you don't get during a Dark Age is the free advance at the end of the turn. You get all other advances to which you would normally be entitled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All others you are usually entitled to, but nothing in addition to that.

So no. If you do T&P and lose the trade, you do not get to advance out of the dark age on that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Digman
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you much gents. Appreciate the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Anderson
Canada
flag msg tools
Jeff,

There are a few people using optional rules on this. We play that just selecting the T&P action gets you 1 advance and 2 gold. There are a lot of folks who feel T&P is weak without some type of lift such as this.

We find it moves the game along a bit more quickly without making things in any way unbalanced. Others will of course disagree

As you scan this section you will find various folks experimenting with many house rules.

Good Luck,

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taubman
Australia
Queens Park
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Boraxia"can you lose and still get the free advance just because you played the T&P?[/q]This question assumes you get a free advance just because you play the T&P. You don't; if you lose a trade you get no advance, irrelevant of who played the T&P and whether you're in a dark age or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.