Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle of the Sexes!

This is a twist of the werewolf game to see if Women's Intuition or if Men's Logic is superior in finding Wolves.

There will be 2 teams. One all female, and one all male. There will be 9-11 players on each team. The team that kills the other teams wolves first wins.

Each team will have the following roles.

2 Wolves that will know each other and have full PM abilities.
1 Seer that will know the other team's Traitor.
1 Traitor that will know the other team's Seer and Wolves.
5-7 Villagers.

The Wolves, Seer, and Villagers will win if the other teams wolves are killed.
The Traitor will win if his own teams wolves are killed.

Every night both teams of wolves will kill one member of thier own team's players. They will be allowed to choose to kill a player from the other team one time only.
Each day both teams will vote and the man with the highest vote and the woman with the highest vote will be lynched.
Each night the Seer will get to view one player from the other team and learn if they are a wolf or not.

The game ends as soon as one pair of wolves is dead. If the game ends with two wolves (one female and one male) remaining, then which ever wolf had the fewer final votes on him during the entire course of the game will win.

The game will start March 15 and lynch time will be at 1:00pm BGG.

Female Team
1. Lauramath
2. melissa
3. janiera
4. xandryyte
5. Threnody
6. kuchick
7. Freyja
8. 7ofAnn
9. buffalospynovel
10. Wiz8mom
11. Starbug

Male Team
1. acekim
2. Anonymouse512
3. Royalflush
4. GuyHill
5. jmilum
6. Beowulf
7. Latria
8. shugyosha
9. CapAp
10. Dragonbane11
11. ptper
alt: werefish

(If I can't get enough women to sign up I will be willing to pass the moderation over to a male volunteer and play on the womens team myself.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battle of the Sexes! - Sign up
Count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sign up for now. Is there a start date?

I recently had my first "is acekim a he or a she" post, so in case it's not obvious I'm a male. I also don't think I fit neatly into intuitive/analytical and can think of counterexamples in this thread to that generalization, but I think the game concept/structure looks very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to know the start date. I wish I could play because I look forward to going against Latria and agnespoodle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acekim
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
I need to know the start date. I wish I could play because I look forward to going against Latria and agnespoodle.

Oh it's buried in the middle. March 15th, lynch 1pm.

You could also have the "wildcard" player who is Player X, and unclear whether male or female. That was really interesting in the Wannabe game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
So the men will vote for the women and the women for the men? Seems to make the Traitor role hard since they can't vote on their own team and don't know who not to vote for on the other team. Maybe if they were a Cultist (knew the other team's wolves) or Sorcerer or evil Seer?.

Oh, well. I'm in.

Obligatory: vote Lauramath

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acekim wrote:
I'll sign up for now. Is there a start date?

I recently had my first "is acekim a he or a she" post, so in case it's not obvious I'm a male. I also don't think I fit neatly into intuitive/analytical and can think of counterexamples in this thread to that generalization, but I think the game concept/structure looks very interesting.

The game is currently signed up for a mid week start March 15. That could change if needed. I did post it but I think I'll go back and bold it..

And as for the generalizations... yes I know that those are broad and not very accurate. My husband has many more "female" tendencies (like observent and detail oriented) than I do, while I have a quite a few "male" tendencies (like one track mind, and think more than feel.)

The generalizations where really just put in for a catch phrase, to get you hooked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymouse512 wrote:
So the men will vote for the women and the women for the men? Seems to make the Traitor role hard since they can't vote on their own team and don't know who not to vote for on the other team. Maybe if they were a Cultist (knew the other team's wolves) or Sorcerer or evil Seer?.

Oh, well. I'm in.

Actually let me explain where the traitor idea came from...

Yes, the men would vote for the women and the women would vote for the men. The male traitor will keep his vote on the women, and the female traitor will keep her vote on the men... but here is why...

In a normal werewolf game... you have to contend your voting on a wolf, against the voting of the wolves on other players... in this game you could easily just get all the men to agree to systematically go down the player list and hope that the last one on the list is not a wolf. But now that you have a traitor in the mix, you have someone who is going to be contending against their voting plans because that player doesn't want the female wolves lynched.

--

A qualification... I thought of this game this morning durring my shower, so if you have some ideas to make it work better let me know. We have over a month to refine it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acekim wrote:

You could also have the "wildcard" player who is Player X, and unclear whether male or female. That was really interesting in the Wannabe game.

I'll have to give that some thought... but if I did that, that player would have to be someone who doesn't sign up in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymouse512 wrote:

Oh, well. I'm in.

I just re-read what you said... you have a good point... I'll have to think about that...

Maybe give them the names of the oposite gender wolves, and remove the PM ability with the seer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up!

Sounds like a fun 2 team concept. I like Anon's comment about a Cultist type role. A Cursed role could also be made...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my drive home, I was thinking about this game and I found a problem. The problem is in the tension. There is none... it is just a who is lucky enough to kill the other side. Day chooses to kill, night would just choose the next on the list... not too exciting..

So here is my rule change..

At night the wolves have to kill someone on their OWN side. So female wolves kill females, and male wolves kill males. This will add tension to the game especially for the wolves. They want to try to kill those people that are providing the least amount of cover but also don't want to kill their own seer. They will however have a ONE TIME ONLY chance to kill someone from the other team. So they have to choose wisely when they want to do that.

I think that will add some really interesting dynamics into the game.

(I'll edit the rules above when I have more time. I'm leaving for a weekend vacation soon.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
At night the wolves have to kill someone on their OWN side. So female wolves kill females, and male wolves kill males. This will add tension to the game especially for the wolves. They want to try to kill those people that are providing the least amount of cover but also don't want to kill their own seer. They will however have a ONE TIME ONLY chance to kill someone from the other team. So they have to choose wisely when they want to do that.

I see a problem with that. Here's what I would do as the wolves:

N1-Kill someone from opposing team
N2-Kill werewolf 2
N3-Kill myself
N4 and beyond - No werewolf kills....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play. It sounds like a fun idea.

Also, you need more women.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
I'll play.

And Vote Xandryyte.

See? She's being so quiet she hasn't even signed up yet. I know you're there, Xandy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
vote Beowulf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. If there isn't enough ladies, I can moderate. But MDP will end up in the asexual team. He is Mr Coffee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Girls rule. Boys drool. I will beat the boys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
I'm in. If there isn't enough ladies, I can moderate. But MDP will end up in the asexual team. He is Mr Coffee.

says the man with the girl's name...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
still room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it wasn't for this being during my spring break, I would sign up too. I am not sure what we are doing yet. Mostly likely I won't be home. If things change, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Melsana wrote:

I see a problem with that. Here's what I would do as the wolves:

N1-Kill someone from opposing team
N2-Kill werewolf 2
N3-Kill myself
N4 and beyond - No werewolf kills....

I'm confused... why would you do that? If the wolves on one team die, then the game is over and the other team wins... so you just handed the game to the other team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.