Alan Faller
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayhey - I got geek gold!

I have now modded 101 pictures and got a whole 1 geekgold.
It only took about 4 weeks (I forget exactly how long, I started on the first day the feature was available though).

Now, I don't want to be seen as a complainer - I actually love the system overall. I like having a bit of responsibility for site content in my own little way, and I am careful to consider every picture on it's merits and I am not afraid to decline it if I feel it is not up to scratch.

But 4 weeks(ish) for 1 gg seems a bit daft to me.

There are three ways the site could go with this:

1. A higher reward - .1gg rather than .01gg perhaps (after all, the last "content" gold I got was for a picture that took less than 10 minutes to prepare, photograph and upload rather than 4 weeks).

2. The status quo - which is almost humorous (in a literally funny sense)

3. Abandon the reward altogether - Personally I would favour this since I really am not doing this for the miniscule ammount of what is after all a virtual currency. Maybe just have an "Images Modded" link on your profile that counts your total.

Now let me make it plain - I really am not complaining, like I say, I really like the overall modding system. I just thought that it might be worthy of discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get Geekcents for rating pictures....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ronster0 wrote:
You get Geekcents for rating pictures....?

Ummm, no.

You get Geekcents for agreeing with the majority when participating in GeekMod. An image is presented to you and you either vote to approve or vote to decline (and indicate why you are declining).

When the image is officially approved / declined (after some super-secret number of votes controlled by Aldie) - if your vote matches the result, you get 1 Geekcent.

It's in the menu, under Utilities:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmod.php?action=imagemod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.