Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward F
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thats a killer pices, first time I have ever wanted a BN membership. The thing to do woudl be to to find a store that has a bunch of games you want and sign up for the membership before you buy, If you use the coupon and the membership and spend around $100, your membership would pay for itself, plus you'd have it for a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The membership is $25 a year, you'd either have to go to Barnes and Nobles regularly, or spend $250 to just break even.

But if you got it and you are a regular B&N customer it's nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I went to my local B&N, and found nothing but the usual trivia games, and those not even on sale. The person at the information desk had never heard of this incredible 50% off sale. Is this a regional thing, or are there regions that just don't stock FF games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Oh shoot. I wish I knew about this - I just came back from B&N...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to my local B&N - got SW: The Clone Wars Risk. That was all that looked good to me, but it didn't hurt too much at 50% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Murray
United States
Quakertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a B & N store manager. The sale is nation wide, but the really good stuff is only at some of the bigger stores. Call around if you have multiple stores in your area, concentrate on the biggest ones. I'm in the Philadelphia market, and only one of the 11 stores in the district have the Fantasy Flight stuff (Willow Grove). Personally I've gotten over $180 in games there over the last week for about $80 (50% off plus 10% off for my Membership). Didn't have the 15% off coupon to use, though. I picked up TI3, supplements for Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, and Return of the Heroes. BTW, sometime soon what is left goes to 75% off...meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up....

Went to the OTHER B&N nearby (Cary, NC) and found TI3. They had FFG's Senators and Mutiny, but I decided to pass. The also had Munchkin Bites and the expansion and Super Munchkin, but I felt one Munchkin game was enough (maybe too much)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez! Your B&N carries Twilight Imperium? Where were all the board games in the bookstores I grew up near?

I mean, the Borders near here has such a great selection!
Scrabble...
Travel Scrabble...
Nostalgia Scrabble...
Monopoly...
Nostalgia Monopoly...
Clue...
Nostalgia Clue...
Dora the Explorer something...
Garfield Monopoly...
Scene It...
Buzzwords, or some trivia game like that...
yeah, that's pretty much it. Oh, and the table o' Harry Potter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Downin
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
tornadog wrote:
So did anyone score anything with this coupon. I received quite a few PMs but a few mailed back saying their stores had run out of all the good games. Anyone?

I'd already bought a bunch of games when I found out about the coupon, so I went back and scored a copy of the 4th Ed. Warhammer 40K rule book for $38.21 as opposed to it's $49.95 everyday price. Not too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.