Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a complaint, more of a suggestion.

I'd like to have the capability to further filter my front page. Often the last entry on the Game Forums (with the recent option selected) is only a few hours old. This means for those of us who don't log in every couple hours, we'll miss postings on games that may interest us.

There seem to be two ways to divide games, those that I want to see and all the rest or those that I don't want to see and all the rest.

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to exclude games that I don't want to see on my front page. So, for example, if there are a lot of Heroscape articles, I could click a box and have it not take up any of the 20 slots that I have for my Games Forum section. Then I would be less likely to miss a comment on 7 Ages.

The other approach would be to allow me to make a list of games that I want to see on my front page. This would make me less likely to miss any articles on those games, but I wouldn't be exposed to new games, unless I added them to my list.

So the latter approach would help, but I'd much prefer the former.

(Yes, I know that I could go to each game of interest's fora and scan the dates, but I'd prefer to have some automation. OTOH, I don't want to subscribe to all the fora of interest and inundate my inbox.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.