Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
End-game situation:

Light Original Sam (2) attacks varient Sarumon (3): Light has Noble Sacrifice, Retreat, 1, 5. Dark has Magic, Retreat, 5, 6. If Dark loses Sarumon, or Sam retreats, than Light wins.

Dark plays Magic, Light plays 5. As Dark doesn't want to die (total strength of each is 7), Sarumon makes Light play another card.

Question: Must Dark choose the card from Magic before Sam chooses another card?

If Sarumon must choose a card (eye or 4) than Light will counter with (1 or Noble Sacrifice). But if Dark can choose after Sam plays a card, than Sam will die and Sarumon survives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Variant Sarumon Question
That's a tricky question. Has anyone gotten an official answer on this one?
If it were up to me, I would play it that Saruman needs to chose his new card first.
The rule for Saruman is "After the Fellowship player reveals his card in a battle against Saruman, Saruman may force him to reveal a different card."
The rule for "Magic" is "A player who plays this card during a battle must immediately replace it with any one of his discarded (previously played) cards."

The word "immediately" would seem to take precendence here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Answer from FFG:

2) If Varient Sarumon plays Magic, and forces the Light player to play another card, must Dark replace Magic with a card before Light plays another card?
No. Character abilities are resolved first, so the Fellowship player must first play another card. Then Sarumon resolves his Magic card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
i laughed to sarumon, i imagined Saruman digivolving.

hahaha,sorry for the necro <3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Aruman" in the Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings animated movie. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOSfAHoPYwc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.