United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm rereading the FAQ tonight, and here's something I missed:
FAQ wrote:

Q The Rules state that you should put the die in the Hunt box every time a die is used to move the Fellowship; does this apply to all dice used to move the Fellowship (e.g. dice used to play an Event card that allow you to move the Fellowship) or only the Character dice used to move the Fellowship?

A Only the Character Action Dice (including those dice turned into Character dice with the Elven Rings and the Will of the West dice used as Character dice) used to move the Fellowship are added.

There is Another Way is already probably the #2 Mordor Slogging card (second only to Mithril Coat & Sting), because you can use it to move on turns when you have no swords or willies. But this ruling also means you can do a nice tactical trick on the last two moves to futz up the Shadow's eye-counting logic and win with 11 corruption. E.g. 10 corruption 2 spaces out and only one eye in pool, shadow "knows" any eye tile on the 2nd move will win him the game, but not if There is Another Way is played for the first move!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just a little bit confused:

Is "There Is Another Way" identical to "A Safe Hiding Place", are these two different cards or am I missing a card?

Plattenhelge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
What if, instead of using an event die to play TIAW, a character die is used instead? In this case does the die go in the hunt pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ibach
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
My interpretation would be that you are not 'using a die to move the Fellowship', you are 'using a die to play a card'. Card play doesn't result in dice being added to the hunt box.

Otherwise you'd get even weirder problems. If you used a character die to play an Ent card, and then use that card's secondary ability to play TIAW (going by memory I believe that is legal), would the original die used to trigger the Ent's go to the hunt box? No, because your die was used to 'play a card' not 'move the Fellowship'.

If cards added dice to the hunt box the rule would just be "any time the Fellowship moves add a die to the hunt box".

Just my two cents.

This is a complex game. I hope that in another year or two I'll actually be playing with the rules correctly. But I won't bet on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.