Subject: Two variant ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some variant ideas (probably not very unique ) we came up with last session and may try out:

Allowing ships to move between the Bay of Ice and Shivering Sea to strengthen Stark's position, who always seems to lose the naval battle on at least one side of the ocean in our sessions because of having to split his fleet.

Tyrell also seems to be pretty weak, and they have no carry over into the game from their large army and fleet in the books other than having high supply. We toyed with the idea of giving them an extra ship or footman, haven't decided which. Footman might be much, but an extra ship would definately help.

Will have to try both of these out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Both of these ideas have been brought up before.

Allowing passage from the Bay of Ice to the Shivering Sea will not strengthen Stark's naval position. Quite to the contrary, because such passage would mean that the loss of the Bay of Ice will allow Stark's fleet in the east to be raided. As things stand, Stark can defend the North quite well against amphibious assault by strongly supporting from the unraidable Shiverring Sea, and this option is lost when the Shiverring Sea ajoins the Bay of Ice.

I did an analysis of Tyrell's position a while back that indicates to me that Tyrell would be much more of a contender if given an extra ship, and in a manner which should be interesting for all. This is also well in line with the novels, in which one of the three large fleets of Westeros are controlled by the Tyrells through their bannermen, the Redwynes. If you wander over to FFG's boards, you should find my analysis in a thread entitled "Tyrell: Navel superpower of the South?" It might be interesting for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about allowing passage from the Bay of Ice to the Shivering Sea, but only for the player controlling Winterfell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments travis.

I checked out the board, looks pretty cool. I can't find your article though, the search function isn't bringing up anything for your name, in fact it isn't working at all for me I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Sabzevarian wrote:
I checked out the board, looks pretty cool. I can't find your article though, the search function isn't bringing up anything for your name, in fact it isn't working at all for me I think.

Try http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.