Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4016550...=
4171&path=0%3A4171%3A4191%3A133123

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steer
United States
Arkadelphia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rock on!!
ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Me too. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dion
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed one too.

I have a birthday coming up, so I'll just stash it and let somebody "get" it for me.

I heart BGGers! Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey guys, just wondering, but how much was shipping on the game? Also, did you guys have to pay tax? I was going to order it and it came out to like $30. If I could have gotten it for $20 total that would have been cool, but didn't want to order it for $30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you ever notice any time you post a clearance sale at walmart, then some screwballs come in and blasts walmart and their buisness practice.

get over it !!!!
my favorite walmart story
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Business/story?id=1303587

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember if tax was added or not but my total was 26 and change including shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
Quote:
I'm glad that people are going to be able to buy this great game, but $20?! That is outrageously cheap, so much so that it raises a red flag to me. Anyone remember Standard Oil? They drove themselves into the ground and clenched their eyes shut, losing money for every bit of grease they sold. Finally, the competition couldn't compete with SO's suicidal prices, dried up, and Rockefeller found himself king of the industrial world. This is just another WalMart gimmick, naturally.

There was another thread on the similar blowout prices on Railroad Tycoon and Conquest of the Empire. The gist of it was...

- Eagle was paid for every copy, and the blowout price was actually _lower_ than what WalMart paid per copy.

- Retailers will do this sort of thing just to clear out inventory for various reasons, such as tax purposes or simply because they want to get Item A out the door to make room for Item B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
If you can order multiple copies, the per-copy cost drops. A coworker and I ordered one each, and it came to $49 for the whole order, down from $26 for a single copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda wished I would have gotten Railroad Tycoon when it was cheap. This game looks like a blast, but there's no way my wife is going to play this, the theme is a little mature for the younger kids, and I don't think the group I visit would get into it. I sabotage myself too frequently by getting a "pretty good" game that is on sale that doesn't match my gaming circumstances, when I could have paid ten more bucks and gotten something more usable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered a copy. Too much plastic goodness to pass up.

Now we'll have an appropriate game for our James Cagney impersonations. Definitely will replace "Commander Cagney", a name we dubbed one of the Epic Duels clonetroopers after a game where he steadfastly refused to die.

"You'll never take me alive, Jedi! NYAH, see?"

Just too cheap to miss this deal. Even if we only ever play it twice with five we'll get our money's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Booder98 wrote:

There was another thread on the similar blowout prices on Railroad Tycoon and Conquest of the Empire. The gist of it was...

- Eagle was paid for every copy, and the blowout price was actually _lower_ than what WalMart paid per copy.

- Retailers will do this sort of thing just to clear out inventory for various reasons, such as tax purposes or simply because they want to get Item A out the door to make room for Item B.

Indeed. It's good to keep in mind that Bigass Chain Stores (Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us)

1) look for megavolume sales to make up for their lower-than-normal prices, so sales figures that would be fine-to-great in any other venue anywhere else could be seen as lacking
2) Always have a large amount of potential inventory and products to consider.

I didn't want to get too far into it, but it's not uncommon for stores to charge "stocking fees", effectively literally renting out their shelf space to suppliers. It's mostly in supermakrets, but I'd heard it's caught on in some other venues - if Company X won't pay, or Company Y will pay substantially more for the shelf space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine, $27.00 after shipping and taxes... ordered Friday, I believe, arrived Monday!!!! Amazingly fast shipping.

Bootleggers is currently $29.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today. Hope to get it on the table soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
Too much plastic goodness to pass up.

Amen.

I need to stop buying games but this stupid thing looks fun

Thanks for the heads-up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PRICE DROPPED!!!
It's now $15.00!!!!!

Run...don't walk to your computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's now $15.00!!!!!

Yep. $23.35 after shipping and tax. I am glad I missed the earlier notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcpranno wrote:
Quote:
It's now $15.00!!!!!

Yep. $23.35 after shipping and tax. I am glad I missed the earlier notice.

!#$!!@!@#$

"Sometimes he who hesitates...gets the better deal."

I'm trying to play the waiting game right now...our Wal-Mart has Heroscape sets for $20...I want them to go lower but I'm afraid I'll miss out on getting some extras..

Anyway, for $15 you can't go wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered...$15.00, 6.97 s/h, 1.32 tax.........total $23.29. (I darn near paid over $50 inc. tax, just last week).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn! I bought it at $20, but first I passed it up a couple times. One more pass and I coulda saved another $5!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm such a sucker for a deal. Of course, I had to mail it to my sister's house in the States so it will remain unplayed until I move back in about a year or so. 'sigh'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Relford
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Conquest of The Empire is available also. It's $43.77, though. You can find it for just under $40 through most online game stores.

Just wait until Wal-ly World decides it's a worthless game and places *IT* on clearance.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17710

p.s. ordered Blood Feud for $15 plus shipping. Well worth it.

K
arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys that paid $20 for the game, they will give you $5.00 and some change back if you write them asap. I just received my credit back on my card today I didn't think they'd do it so I'm kind of impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodon Ginfizz
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

you ever notice any time you post a clearance sale at walmart, then some screwballs come in and blasts walmart and their buisness practice.

get over it !!!!
my favorite walmart story
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Business/story?id=1303587

Thanks, that was good for a laugh! I presume it's your favorite story because it plays the old game of he said/she said with the Walmart issue, pretending like it's just a matter of opinion whether companies like Walmart are good for the country.

However, I think the quote at the end of the article sums up the real issue nicely:

Quote:

"They're fighting unions. They're doing everything they can to get their costs down. And that looks unfair. It looks awful. We don't like it," said Reich. "The citizen in us says 'That's not moral.' But the other side of the coin is that those same companies are providing rock bottom prices to consumers. And we as consumers say 'hurray!

"I know that this is hurting some people and annoying people keep warning how this is gutting our economy, but .... OOOOOOOH, SHINY!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.