New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have too many animals to place there is a small pop-up tab above the resources bar at the bottom of the screen showing how many animals remain unplaced. You can drag animals to that bar as a "holding area" to reconfigure your pastures however you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
When you have too many animals to place there is a small pop-up tab above the resources bar at the bottom of the screen showing how many animals remain unplaced. You can drag animals to that bar as a "holding area" to reconfigure your pastures however you like.
Yes, I am aware that this happens in many situations, and have used it several times now. It did not appear in this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I think I may have run into a bug... but I'm not 100% sure.

I had a situation where I was getting a cow from one of my occupation cards and I was already full up with two sheep and a cow (really poor planning as I couldn't eat the sheep). Anyway I wanted to let the sheep go so that I could have two cows that could have a baby. But I couldn't figure out any way to do that. I tried dragging animals around, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't release the sheep and keep the cow. Maybe I was missing something in the interface that would have let me do that?? But I really don't think I did. I certainly tried everything I could think of for several minutes.
Which occupation card were you using to gain animals?

Did you try using Undo to go back to the start of your turn and run through the process again?

So it's clear, you had 2 cows and 2 sheep, with the sheep in a pasture, one cow in your house, and one cow unplaced? Was the unplaced try showing your 1 extra cow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
incinerator wrote:
Which occupation card were you using to gain animals?
I believe that card is called cattle whisperer. It gives you a cow five rounds after played and nine rounds after played.

incinerator wrote:
Did you try using Undo to go back to the start of your turn and run through the process again?
This was during the harvest/feeding/breeding section. I don't believe there was an undo button presented to me. And I'm not sure what it would undo, as I hadn't taken any action or done anything at this point. I was trying to allocate the animal it presented me, but hadn't done anything as yet.

incinerator wrote:
So it's clear, you had 2 cows and 2 sheep, with the sheep in a pasture, one cow in your house, and one cow unplaced? Was the unplaced try showing your 1 extra cow?
Yes, I had two sheep in stables I believe, and 1 cow in my house. Another cow was given to me and I couldn't place it anywhere. I also couldn't "dispose" of a sheep. I was able to drag the sheep but couldn't get them to go away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
incinerator wrote:
Yes, I had two sheep in stables I believe, and 1 cow in my house. Another cow was given to me and I couldn't place it anywhere. I also couldn't "dispose" of a sheep. I was able to drag the sheep but couldn't get them to go away.
So the new cow did show up in the unplaced tray that extends above the resource bar? Did you try dragging one of your sheep onto that tray?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
incinerator wrote:
So the new cow did show up in the unplaced tray that extends above the resource bar? Did you try dragging one of your sheep onto that tray?
I want to say that I did... but I can't swear to it. Although I'd think if I drag the new cow over to a spot where a sheep is and drop it there, the cow should go into the new spot and the sheep that was there should appear in that tray. That would make sense to me. Having to drag the sheep to the tray first seems peculiar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
incinerator wrote:
I want to say that I did... but I can't swear to it. Although I'd think if I drag the new cow over to a spot where a sheep is and drop it there, the cow should go into the new spot and the sheep that was there should appear in that tray. That would make sense to me. Having to drag the sheep to the tray first seems peculiar.
That's not a bad idea. I'll add to the suggestion list and we'll see if we make that work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran into a similar but different bug. I had a sheep and took two pigs. I cooked one sheep and one pig and then tried to click the green arrow to end my turn. It prompted me that some animals would be released. I cancelled out of that and tried to place the pig in my home (the only available space). It would not let me put the pig anywhere. I ended up cooking him since it wouldn't let me keep him. I'm wondering if the bug has something to do with the fact that I tried to end my turn with unplaced animals and it brought up the prompt?

The issue I had with the cow I couldn't keep also involved the prompt about losing unplaced animals.

Edit: I just took two more sheep. I only had room for one animal so I placed that one in my home and ate the other one. On another turn I took two pigs. I wanted to keep a pig and not the sheep. So I ate the sheep. I went to place a pig in my home and it wouldn't let me again. There was no prompt about losing unplaced animals. Somehow it isn't realizing that I have room in my home to place the pig.

So here are the common features of these past two situations. I have animals in my home. I get more animals and I eat an animal to make room.

Maybe it isn't updating the available capacity when I'm eating the animal in my home?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent some time trying to reproduce this. Is it possible you're dragging the token from the resource bar instead of the animal from the unplaced tray? You can't drop the circular token with just the boar head on it into your house. The squirming full size boar can be dropped in your house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
incinerator wrote:
I spent some time trying to reproduce this. Is it possible you're dragging the token from the resource bar instead of the animal from the unplaced tray? You can't drop the circular token with just the boar head on it into your house. The squirming full size boar can be dropped in your house.
Possibly. But in that case you need to do something to make it clearer what I need to do. Why can't you allocate animals from the resource bar? If I drag an animal from the resource bar to a spot they're not in... Shouldn't that move the animal as well? It seems very counterintuitive that there is a place that shows animals, where I normally interact with animals, that won't do anything with an animal in this one specific situation. And apparently I keep missing this "unallocated tray"... which suggests that it is not prominent enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary -

I think we're aware of that bug. I hoped it was already resolved.
if a new Round starts, the game thinks that you're still in the "Don't cook animals" mode from Breeding during harvest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strawberrybluefrog Froggy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
jlingwal wrote:
Good review. I'm very, very impressed with this. The solo series is especially addictive.

I am playing on an ipad. I just love the solo play, and am currently doing the 16th game.

I see everywhere that there are 2 solo games : solo play and solo series.

What is the difference? Is it only on iphone or also on ipad? If on ipad, where is it ? I didnĀ“t see it. Am I too blinded by my actual game?

Thanks for the review. I agree : this is a great ios adaptation. Certainly my favorite. I just love it, even more than the boardgame as I can play anywhere, anytime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo Play is just a single game. There's no target score and no carryover to later games. But you can use the 10-3 discard mode here if you like.

Solo Series is what you're currently playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendy Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review! I agree with the OP and I am cursing Playdek for contributing to my new addiction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garbe
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
strawberrybluefrog wrote:
jlingwal wrote:
Good review. I'm very, very impressed with this. The solo series is especially addictive.

I am playing on an ipad. I just love the solo play, and am currently doing the 16th game.

I see everywhere that there are 2 solo games : solo play and solo series.

What is the difference? Is it only on iphone or also on ipad? If on ipad, where is it ? I didnĀ“t see it. Am I too blinded by my actual game?

Thanks for the review. I agree : this is a great ios adaptation. Certainly my favorite. I just love it, even more than the boardgame as I can play anywhere, anytime!
What does the "Completed" stat represent? I've played three offline games now and it shows a record of 2-0 in 4-player games and 1-0 in 3-player games but only a 1 for Completed... Only one of the three games was against all Master level players. Could that be the issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review, but I just wanted to offer an opinion from a total Agricola noob who's never played the boardgame. iOS Agricola is a mittle overwhelming to a conplete beginner, and the solo series is punishingly difficult. I've plYed abiut 30 games Nd not been able to get nore than 36 pts. That's likely my lack of skill, but the game doesn't help much. In the physical game, I could 'cheat' by giving myself extra actions or undoing mutliple moves to help see what I'd done wrong. The iOS version only has one undo and no other way to adjust difficulty.

I like it, it looks great and i think Agricola is a good gane, but I'm starting to be put off by constant failure.

E o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
Great review, but I just wanted to offer an opinion from a total Agricola noob who's never played the boardgame. iOS Agricola is a mittle overwhelming to a conplete beginner, and the solo series is punishingly difficult. I've plYed abiut 30 games Nd not been able to get nore than 36 pts. That's likely my lack of skill, but the game doesn't help much. In the physical game, I could 'cheat' by giving myself extra actions or undoing mutliple moves to help see what I'd done wrong. The iOS version only has one undo and no other way to adjust difficulty.

I like it, it looks great and i think Agricola is a good gane, but I'm starting to be put off by constant failure.

E o
The key in the solo game is not taking from accumulating spots until you really need to, eg ideally only take wood two or three times in the game. In the first few turns use non accumulating spots, plow and take grain a couple of times and get it sown before the first harvest. Don't take wood and reed until you can build one room, better two so that you can take family growth in round 5 or 6 if it comes out. I often then use the first stone to build an oven and cook some of the grain that has now been harvested (And often build both ovens!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |