July Game Fandango

Date: Sunday, July 7th
Time: 9:30am to 9:30pm
Place: Naniwa-kumin Center
Map: Directions can be found here.
Participation fees: 500yen
Room capacity: 30+ people

Prototypes, variants and experiments

Several people have told me about a game they have in development, indeed I have a couple myself! This game day will be the time to pull them out screaming into the light to see how they work with new gamers. It doesn't matter how far along the process you are, bring the bits and let people give you some constructive criticism.

If you don't have a game of your own design, maybe you have one from someone else? Or something from a small publisher that people haven't heard of? Bring them along and try them out!

Is there a different way to play a game that you have been itching to try? How about an all-cylon BSG? Corps on Corps Netrunner? Small World with chosen races and powers? Carcassonne with a hand of 5 tiles? Underwater chess? Age of Empires in real time? Put on your thinking cap and see what you can come up with.

EDIT: If you want to just come and play normal games, that is fine as well, the more the merrier!

Geek List = Games for Osaka July Game Fandango
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Gray
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to be there, but I have a lot of 'standard' games I haven't had a chance to play, or games that I know I love and am itching to play again. If its restricted purely to prototypes and experiments I may not make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Bossu wrote:
Would like to be there, but I have a lot of 'standard' games I haven't had a chance to play, or games that I know I love and am itching to play again. If its restricted purely to prototypes and experiments I may not make it.

I'm sure the theme is flexible Gavan. I also don't have much in the way of prototypes or experimental games, so I will be bringing standard games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we can get Patrick's Forces of Evil to the table for a few games, but I'm planning on some X-Wing, Trains, and Kosmonauts myself!

EDIT: And Game of Thrones too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Bossu wrote:

The theme is by no means binding, I just want an excuse to bring my games and get people to play them. And pressure myself to play Forces of Evil properly as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for Game of Thrones, and for the record, everyone can tryst me not to backstab. Honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this happening now that I'm far away! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captncavern wrote:

We did it on purpose Julien.
: )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captncavern wrote:

It's being held in your honor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captncavern wrote:

Send prototypes! I will tie Josh to a chair and make him play them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolscribe wrote:
captncavern wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear a quick summary of the games people have created!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolscribe wrote:
captncavern wrote:

I only have two I'm trying to test right now:
- Vermin, my game where rats try to escape extermination. It underwent just a few changes since I left Japan, nothing major rulewise, so it would be easy to jump in for those who have played it already.
- A yet unnamed abstract connection game in the line of Hex with a little twist (I've never tried it with someone else, though).

I could send pnp files to someone. Vermin takes a bit of printing and cutting, the abstract is just a B&W board with B&W pieces (Go stones would be perfect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.