Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Board Game: King of Tokyo
King of Tokyo» Forums » News

Subject: Space Penguin Promo monster! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rage [+] popcorn [+] moderation_police [+] Unfair_Practices [+] [View All]
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Hansa Teutonica fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: The Palaces of Carrara fanMicrobadge: Concordia fan
Woa, I just saw this on Twitter via Chris K @dicehateme

Do want!!

https://twitter.com/dicehateme/status/345598278198509569/pho...

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 7 Wonders fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Suburbia fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Small World fan
how to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Hansa Teutonica fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: The Palaces of Carrara fanMicrobadge: Concordia fan
Looks like right now you just get it by going to origins and winning a contest of some sort. Hopefully wider distribution someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I, for one, welcome our new Space Penguin Overlords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
Looks like someone is already selling their copy in the market place, asking $60 shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Board Game Arena playerMicrobadge: King of Tokyo fanMicrobadge: IELLO fanMicrobadge: Captain Fish fan - King of New YorkMicrobadge: Richard Garfield fan
The Space Penguins landed this morning from outer space straight on our booth at Origins.

It is a promotional character only available through IELLO Organized Play.
Win a King of Tokyo tournament, win a penguin!

More infos at: http://www.iellogames.com/organizedplay.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Autism AwarenessMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
IelloGames wrote:
The Space Penguins landed this morning from outer space straight on our booth at Origins.

It is a promotional character only available through IELLO Organized Play.
Win a King of Tokyo tournament, win a penguin!

More infos at: http://www.iellogames.com/organizedplay.html

Super neat does it include evolution cards, but as a single father of a 5 year old that makes this one basically impossible to get :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Heroscape fan - General UtgarMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: VeganMicrobadge: WWF Supporter
Very disappointed to see Iello only cares to cater for the group of costumers that can make it to events.
thumbsdown

Luckily there are lots of other publishers, creating great games, I can throw my money at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Microbadge: Crom!
without evolution cards, what's the point? for those playing with the power up expansions, it sure makes characters like the brocken bear feel out of place and unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blogMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: GeekStarter ParticipantMicrobadge: Does whatever a Spider-Meeple can
dbc- wrote:
Very disappointed to see Iello only cares to cater for the group of costumers that can make it to events.
thumbsdown

Luckily there are lots of other publishers, creating great games, I can throw my money at.
Yeah, i was interested in the game after watching it on tabletop, but now there are so many promos i can't get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
Microbadge: Live long and prosperMicrobadge: Thumbs up for 4 fingers--I love cartoons!Microbadge: Rock!Microbadge: Left-Handed Toons fanMicrobadge: "Pew Pew!"
Enjoy the game for what you have. I will never understand the attitude that if you can't easily buy absolutely everything ever made for a particular game that you will not buy the game at all. Extreme OCD?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blogMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: GeekStarter ParticipantMicrobadge: Does whatever a Spider-Meeple can
cornixt wrote:
Extreme OCD?
Yes You should see my spreadsheet of everything i own
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: Autism AwarenessMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
cornixt wrote:
Enjoy the game for what you have. I will never understand the attitude that if you can't easily buy absolutely everything ever made for a particular game that you will not buy the game at all. Extreme OCD?
I'll continue to buy king of Tokyo products and hope to see the Halloween content available on coolstuffinc, but it would be preferable to see tourney winners get say a monster miniature of their choice as its something cool and unique as opposed to a whole character that those of us who for whatever the reason may be cannot make it to such events won't be able to get, new content should always be available, alt art/resin/plastic tokens that kind of stuff should be the limited release stuff, stuff that accents the game, doesn't change or add to it

The Halloween pack is $20 for 2 Halloween themed characters and their evolution cards and that will sell like crazy, the bear and penguin promos could have been easily bundled together and evolution cards added and people would have paid atleast $20 for them, I'd just rather give the developer my money than an airline, hotel and a babysitter for the time I was gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls fanMicrobadge: Futurama fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Spelunky fan
xBino wrote:
it sure makes characters like the brocken bear feel out of place and unnecessary.
That's probably because that is exactly what he is.

MCollier wrote:
the bear and penguin promos could have been easily bundled together and evolution cards added and people would have paid atleast $20 for them
Except IELLO didn't make Brocken Bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Disgustipater wrote:
MCollier wrote:
the bear and penguin promos could have been easily bundled together and evolution cards added and people would have paid atleast $20 for them
Except IELLO didn't make Brocken Bear.
point taken, doesn't change that the penguin and evolution cards could have been sold like the halloween limiteds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls fanMicrobadge: Futurama fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Spelunky fan
Do you believe the Garfield's Gift promo card should be made available as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: San Diego Chargers fanMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Parent of big sister and little brother
Exclusive promos suck the big one....have no problem with them, as long as they are made available to all after a pre-determined timeframe. Shame on them, they and their Exclusive Space Penguin can eat a bag of $h!7. Game is going into the sell/trade pile now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
mhutton wrote:
Exclusive promos suck the big one....have no problem with them, as long as they are made available to all after a pre-determined timeframe. Shame on them, they and their Exclusive Space Penguin can eat a bag of $h!7. Game is going into the sell/trade pile now.
You're going to get rid if the game because you can't get a promo character? Wow shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: San Diego Chargers fanMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Parent of big sister and little brother
Yup, omw to gameshop tonight to put it on their used games for sale shelf

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mhutton wrote:
You're going to get rid if the game because you can't get a promo character? Wow shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mhutton wrote:

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mhutton wrote:
To each their own but ridiculous IMHO. It's still a great game and the promo characters don't add anything to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mhutton wrote:

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mhutton wrote:
To each their own but ridiculous IMHO. It's still a great game and the promo characters don't add anything to it.
Maybe the promo characters, but what about the cards with the special powers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Disgustipater wrote:
Do you believe the Garfield's Gift promo card should be made available as well?
being as each of those cards was signed and designed so that each one is different that would be incredibly unreasonable, will i dump support for the game over a promo no, would i like to see content shared for everyone who enjoys the game even after a set time frame? ofcourse I would, we are all gamers, or atleast I am, I don't gain pleasure from waving around my King of Tokyo 11 card promo set and going look I'm awesome I have it and you don't! If i had my way they would still be available for purchase on the BGG store so everyone had a chance to have that content in their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Castles of Burgundy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Yokohama Deluxe fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fan
mhutton wrote:

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mhutton wrote:
Yeah, stick it to "The Man" that is a board game publisher by selling it to another company that will give you a small fraction of what it's worth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Heroscape fan - General UtgarMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: VeganMicrobadge: WWF Supporter
cornixt wrote:
I will still play and enjoy the game.
But I will not support a company that does not support their customers. So no further purchases from that company for me. There are plenty of games on the market to allow me to be picky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Yup, screw them....they get no more of my $ . Going to back and rate all their games 0 from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |