Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 

Board Game: King of Tokyo
King of Tokyo» Forums » News

Subject: Space Penguin Promo monster! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rage [+] popcorn [+] moderation_police [+] Unfair_Practices [+] [View All]
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
Avatar
Microbadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Crimson Fists - There is only the Emperor! He is our shield and our protector!Microbadge: Ogre fanMicrobadge: Revolt on Antares fanMicrobadge: Combined Army - Alien Evolved Inteligence Microbadge: De Bellis Antiquitatis fan
Dude, I disagree with you on this issue, but I'm certainly not trying to get you fired. Just poking a bit of fun. I keep forgetting that tone doesn't translate well online sometimes. Hope there are no hard feelings.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
flintlocklaser wrote:
Dude, I disagree with you on this issue, but I'm certainly not trying to get you fired. Just poking a bit of fun. I keep forgetting that tone doesn't translate well online sometimes. Hope there are no hard feelings.
I am going to answer and try not to sound too full of myself. But I believe Rio is very happy with my work in the room and my co-workers seem to genuinely like me (believe it or not).

I know that people develop a dislike for people rather quickly on the internet if they dislike their opinions because that's the only way we know that person. No hard feelings, but I have strong feelings that this is a bad idea. Rio doesn't do promos (that I'm aware of) without offering them for purchase (at places like the BGG store). I get lots of people at each convention who tell me they are glad they don't have to jump through hoops or win contests or tournaments to get them. That's where I'm coming from on the topic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
Avatar
Microbadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Crimson Fists - There is only the Emperor! He is our shield and our protector!Microbadge: Ogre fanMicrobadge: Revolt on Antares fanMicrobadge: Combined Army - Alien Evolved Inteligence Microbadge: De Bellis Antiquitatis fan
See, I still disagree with that, but when you put it that way I can see where you, and the customers you mention, are coming from. Agree to disagree, I guess.

I wish you continued success (and hopefully fun!) working with RGG.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
Rio treats customers better than anyone. They have a free room in which to demo and play games. My co-workers are enjoyable to work beside. They bring free food in twice per day. They treat us great. Jay Tummelson, the owner, is an outstanding person. Fun in nearly guaranteed. Wish you could experience it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long story short.... Rick, you're pissed because you didn't have the presence of mind to ask questions about what constituted a 'tournament'. Mike, you're pissed because you couldn't get a promo for a game - while at the same time, arguing that newcomers shouldn't get Zombicide promos. Hmm.. Maybe, if that's the big concern of the day for you two, you should reevaluate the priorities of your lives.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rickert wrote:
Rio treats customers better than anyone. They have a free room in which to demo and play games. My co-workers are enjoyable to work beside. They bring free food in twice per day. They treat us great. Jay Tummelson, the owner, is an outstanding person. Fun in nearly guaranteed. Wish you could experience it.
Where did anyone say otherwise? Now you're just trying to pick a fight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
pugeek wrote:
rickert wrote:
Rio treats customers better than anyone. They have a free room in which to demo and play games. My co-workers are enjoyable to work beside. They bring free food in twice per day. They treat us great. Jay Tummelson, the owner, is an outstanding person. Fun in nearly guaranteed. Wish you could experience it.
Where did anyone say otherwise? Now you're just trying to pick a fight.
What in the blue hell are you talking about? How is complementing Rio picking a fight. Can you read or do you just choose not to? I was chatting with Ken about working conventions and how working for Rio gave me a perspective about promos. Follow the thread before posting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rickert wrote:
before making yourself a fool.
Said the guy upset he didn't get a piece of cardboard and as a result has pledged not to purchase any more Iello products...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
pugeek wrote:
rickert wrote:
before making yourself a fool.
Said the guy upset he didn't get a piece of cardboard and as a result has pledged not to purchase any more Iello products...
So you did read one or two of the posts?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fargy wrote:
cornixt wrote:
Extreme OCD?
Yes You should see my spreadsheet of everything i own
LOL ..... nice to see that I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
This thread should be locked
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This thread should be locked
I agree. I've alerted a mod.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: San Diego Chargers fanMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Parent of big sister and little brother
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook Microbadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Designer
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: San Diego Chargers fanMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Parent of big sister and little brother
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
exactly, sold that piece of crap game from the piece of crap company and wont EVER buy any of their products again
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

crycrycrycry

Poor me, boo hoo. His piece of cake is bigger then mine
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook Microbadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Designer
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
I don't believe I did call anyone names.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What an excellent example you're setting for your "big sister and little brother" kiddos...

EDIT (consolidated two posts)
Also, if you "sold that piece of crap game", shouldn't you have removed it from your Owned list? Maybe moved it to the Previously Owned list? Maybe you still have it, and you're just spouting off?

mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
exactly, sold that piece of crap game from the piece of crap company and wont EVER buy any of their products again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
I don't believe I did call anyone names.
Did I say you did? But look back through the thread and tell me you don't see anyone calling those of us who don't like exclusive promos names.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook Microbadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Designer
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rickert wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
mhutton wrote:
rickert wrote:
This is something that concerns me about this thread. Non-violent protest is fine. Once someone buys something, they should be free to do with it what they choose for whatever reason. In this thread, someone was angry about an issue and chose not to keep quiet about it. He did something, actually two somethings. I am angry about the same thing so I chose to support him and actually do one of the things he did.

I can't speak for him, but I believe it is true that I never tried to talk anyone into taking my stand with me. Everybody should make their own decisions about how they feel on this topic and do something or nothing. But some of the insulting comments made at us for taking this stand shouldn't be tolerated on this website and I can't understand why it is. I think everyone should feel free to say why they agree or disagree with the actions and support Iello. That's fine. But to say were are entitled or dumb or having a hissy fit, just isn't right. I expected more from the BGG followers. Even the company representative, who stands the most to lose in this argument, was much more understanding about the issue.
You are 100% right....I have every right to not support a company that I feel doesn't show loyalty to its supporters....you don't have to like it or agree, but it's my choice
And everyone else has the right to say they think you're wrong.
But attack the idea and not the person who supports that idea. That seems to be the point that's missing here. Why cal him names and stick labels on him just because he chooses to protest something he feels is wrong?
I don't believe I did call anyone names.
Did I say you did? But look back through the thread and tell me you don't see anyone calling those of us who don't like exclusive promos names.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just making it clear, for those that don't bother to read the whole thread, that I was not amongst those calling anyone names.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Jaws fan Microbadge: I have a nemesisMicrobadge: Animorphs fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!
rickert wrote:

Did I say you did? But look back through the thread and tell me you don't see anyone calling those of us who don't like exclusive promos names.
But it's okay for mhutton to call a company a "piece of crap?" Seems a bit like cognitive dissonance.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
AndySzy wrote:
rickert wrote:

Did I say you did? But look back through the thread and tell me you don't see anyone calling those of us who don't like exclusive promos names.
But it's okay for mhutton to call a company a "piece of crap?" Seems a bit like cognitive dissonance.
Still not quite a personal attack though, eh? Plus, is he the only one who was called a name?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Robert E. Howard fanMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: The Dude Abides
rickert wrote:
AndySzy wrote:
rickert wrote:

Did I say you did? But look back through the thread and tell me you don't see anyone calling those of us who don't like exclusive promos names.
But it's okay for mhutton to call a company a "piece of crap?" Seems a bit like cognitive dissonance.
Still not quite a personal attack though, eh? Plus, is he the only one who was called a name?
The dude from Iello was in here posting. It IS a personal attack he was making.

Jorune
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] |