Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HulaGaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,
I bought Dungeon Twister many many months ago (The original French version) but unfortunalty have only just got round to reading the rules (The translation on BGG, thanks!), all seams great but I have 2 quick (probably really easy questions).

1. Why is there counters for each character and figures?, Surely the figures are superfluous, as couldn't you just use the counter to show where the figure is (and you have to use the counter initially to place the character in a room anyway)

2. I know a US/UK version of DT is out, but does it come with the stand up card (for hiding your counters) if so does anyway have a high quality scan of the card so I can print it and stick it over my French cards?

Thats it, any help much appreciated.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
pauljh wrote:
Hello All,
I bought Dungeon Twister many many months ago (The original French version) but unfortunalty have only just got round to reading the rules (The translation on BGG, thanks!), all seams great but I have 2 quick (probably really easy questions).

The English rules are available for download from DungeonTwister.com - it's a full-color PDF.

Quote:
1. Why is there counters for each character and figures?, Surely the figures are superfluous, as couldn't you just use the counter to show where the figure is (and you have to use the counter initially to place the character in a room anyway)

The rules talk about flipping counters face-down for wounded characters - what we usually do is use the counter to show wounded characters and the standups for unwounded characters. This is how tournaments are run, as well.

Quote:
2. I know a US/UK version of DT is out, but does it come with the stand up card (for hiding your counters) if so does anyway have a high quality scan of the card so I can print it and stick it over my French cards?

Thats it, any help much appreciated.

Paul

The English version has a standup card for hiding the counters at startup.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HulaGaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:

The English rules are available for download from DungeonTwister.com - it's a full-color PDF.

Thanks for the reply, Maybe I'm just slow but I can't seam to find the full color PDF english rules on the site, under downloads the closest is Tournament Rules v1.0.

Gamethyme wrote:

The rules talk about flipping counters face-down for wounded characters - what we usually do is use the counter to show wounded characters and the standups for unwounded characters. This is how tournaments are run, as well.

Great thanks for clearing that up, but in essence then you can play without the figures completly then?

Gamethyme wrote:

Eric

But is a download showing the english standup card available?, or a possibility to "exchange" my french standup cards for the English version?

Thanks again for the answers

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
pauljh wrote:
Gamethyme wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Maybe I'm just slow but I can't seam to find the full color PDF english rules on the site, under downloads the closest is Tournament Rules v1.0.

It's not on the downloads page, for some reason. It's here: http://www.dungeontwister.com/us/lejeu/dungeon-twister.html

At the bottom of the page, there's a link that says "Télécharger la règle en pdf" - Click there. It's the English rules in .pdf.

Quote:
Gamethyme wrote:

Great thanks for clearing that up, but in essence then you can play without the figures completly then?

If you want to, yes.

Quote:
Gamethyme wrote:

Eric

But is a download showing the english standup card available?, or a possibility to "exchange" my french standup cards for the English version?

Thanks again for the answers

Paul

I'm not aware of one for download. The card is just a quick summary of what's in the rulebook. If you really wanted a paste-up, you could probably make one yourself once you had the rules.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HulaGaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:

I'm not aware of one for download. The card is just a quick summary of what's in the rulebook. If you really wanted a paste-up, you could probably make one yourself once you had the rules.

Eric

Hi Eric,
I've got the download now and found a past on stand up card for Paladins and Dragons on your site so I will past them on instead.

Thanks again for the help I'll be sure to post my opinions when I play DT for the 1st time this week.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.