Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: February 10th, 2006

Game: Dilbert: Corporate shuffle

Players: Attila, Chantal, Fury, Haleh, Moe, Sasha, Tasia and Valdir (myself)

After the pizza arrived we finished our game of Sticheln and cleared the gaming table to make it a dinner table again.

Half an hour or so later, after all were well fed and we had gossiped a bit, we were ready for more games. We talked about bringing out TtR but it was already late, we wouldn't have the time to finish, so we decided to go for the third card game that I had brought: Dilbert.

Now, this game can only handle six according to the box. And differently from Eco-Fluxx that didn't suffer too much from being stretched, this one had some problems due to the two extra players. But still, everybody had a lot of fun...

We drew cards to decide our sitting arrangements. Attila was the first Big Boss, I believe that Moe was the Little Boss, Tasia was the Junior Intern and Haleh was the Intern, all others were workers.

I explained the rules and devoted some time for the special cards, answered the questions and off we went. During play some of the players still had questions about the special cards. Oh well...

Sasha was thrilled to find out he was the first to go out in the first round, which made him the Big Boss for the next round. We continued until all players were out of cards and I was the last one, which made me the Junior Intern for the next round. Argh!

I was able to get out of the pit and secure a third place in the second round. Seeing that the first two had kept their positions, I was afraid that the pattern would repeat: the bosses would retain their positions all the way, as it had happened the first time I tried this game at the Montreal Boardgames Meetup Group. Fortunately it didn't happen like that, but it was clear that whoever plays first has a big advantage and it's very difficult to get out of the bad positions. Tasia was Intern or Junior Intern in all rounds, she wasn't too thrilled with the game...

Final Score
Player: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Big Boss: Sasha Sasha Chantal Chantal
Little Boss: Chantal Chantal Valdir Valdir
1st worker: Haleh Valdir Sasha Attila
-------------------------------------------------
Intern: Tasia Tasia Moe Sasha
Junior Intern: Valdir Haleh Tasia Tasia
We used the 3, 2, 1 scoring proposed in the "advanced" rules, so that the final score looked like this:

Final Score (summary)
Player: Points
Chantal: 10
Sasha: 7
Valdir: 5
Haleh: 1
Attila: 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.