Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Baldwin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Because I had gone on a Karoke-induced bender on Monday, this was (nominally) the "less drinkin', more thinkin'" B.A.G.E.L. Gamenight.

El Grande (Rules only)
(Matthew, Isabelle, James, Melissa, Linda)

With five of us there, I pulled out El Grande set up the board and, as some people had never played, explained the ample rules. Although El Grande is not a complicated game, per se, there are plenty of instructions to plow through before your first game.

Just as I finished, but before we put a single piece on the board, Shane arrived. Since El Grande only accomidates a maximum of five (and takes 90 -120 minutes to complete), we packed it up and pulled out Citadelles.

My rating for El Grande (just explaining the rules but not actually playing the game): 2. The only thing that prevents it from being a "1" is that peoples' eyes light up when you show them the cool-looking "Castillo".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.