Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Suppose that I have a link between City1-City2-City3-City4 and another player has a link between City2-City4. THere is a red cube in City1 and the City4 is red. So I move the red cube from City1 to City2. It is possible for the other player to move the cube on the City2-City4 link? So it is possible to "stel" cube?

It is possible to move cube that are not on your own track? The rule say that you can start moving a cube only on your own track, but after that anybody can move the cube?

Can I have many cube on track at the same time?

Thanks for the help
Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you move a goods cube it must end at the destination. In other words, if you move a cube in the example you cite, the delivery would reach its destination and could not be "stolen". Here is an example that illustrates a "stolen" delivery: player one has a line that runs 1-2-3-4, with city 4 being red and a red cube on city 1. Player 2 has a line that runs 1-2-3. Player 3 has a line that runs 3-4. Player 1 can deliver with a 4 or better train for 4 VP. Player 2 can deliver with a 4 or better train using either player 1's or player 3's link between city 3 and city 4, scoring 3 VP and giving 1 VP to the person whose line he used for the remainder. Player 3 can not make the delivery, no matter how far his engine can run. It is interesting to note that this can be a tactic, and one can come out ahead by "stealing" a delivery - if player 2 scores 3 VP instead of player 1, it can shift things in a tight game (and if a hotel is involved, it can make htings even more dramatic)...

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be a common misunderstanding in RRT.

A cube delivery is always a single action, moving a cube from one city all the way to its destination, where it is immediately removed from the board.

The maximum number of links (where a link is one or more tiles which join two cities) you can traverse in a single delivery is limited by your current engine level. So if you have a level three engine, you can use up to three links to make a delivery.

You must own the first link you use in the delivery. After that, anybody can own them, but the victory point for a link always goes to the owner (who may or may not be the player making the delivery).

So in your example, you would need a level 3 engine to make that delivery; if you did not have a level 3 engine, you could not move the cube part of the way.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so clear what you are asking here. It sounds like you have been playing the game incorrectly.

First, you may only deliver a cube to a city that is the same color as the cube... so you can only move a red cube to a red city... you cannot, move it half-way toward a red city, stopping in a blue city, and on your next turn finish moving it to the red city. A cube must be delivered in one round (not one turn).

Plus, when a cube is delivered, it is removed from the board and placed in the black cube bag, so you shouldn't have it available to steal if it was delivered.

Cubes can be "stolen", but only in the sense that a player who plans on moving cubes doesn't get a chance to because another player has built a link and is delivering cubes from the same originating city.

Yes, you may move cubes using other player's links, so long as the first link you use is your own. So if you have a link between City 1 and City 2, but another player has a link between City 2 and City 3, and a third player has a link between City 3 and City 4, you can deliver a cube to City 4 from City 1, so long as the cube is the same color as the destination city.

I hope this helps. I think the rulebook (in English, anyway), makes all of this very clear.

redtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrainblacktrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The English rules does make this clear:

DELIVER GOODS CUBE – The active player may move one goods cube from one city to another city, thus delivering that cube to a destination.

The goods cube must be moved along complete links to a city that is the same color as the cube being delivered (a red cube must go to a red city, etc.). (Note: Goods cubes may not be moved to a different city without delivering them.)

The cube may move a number of links up to and including the engine level of the active player. When delivering a goods cube, the cube cannot pass through the same city twice, nor may it travel along the same link twice.

A cube MUST stop moving and be delivered as soon as it reaches a city of the same color.

When the cube is delivered, it is removed from play and placed in the goods bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Thanks for the precision. THe French rulebook is not very clear. What we understood from the French rules is that you move a cube the number of track (not link) of your locomotive. Now it's clear that you can only move a cube that could be delivered and you have to count link, not track. I'll read the english rules and maybe I'll find other thing that I have misunderstood.

Thanks for all the rapid replies and have a nice day
Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.