Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to every one who turned up and made this the busiest MK games day yet. We had 22 adults and two very well behaved youngsters attend. Special thanks to those who travelled some distance to join us - hope you had fun and it was worth the drive

Games played included: Caylus, Power Grid, Land Unter, Beowulf, Hey Thats My Fish, Ende Des Triumvirats, Narnia Risk, O Zoo Le Mio, San Juan, Diamant, Werewolf, Carcassonne Hunters & Gatherers, Ticket to Ride, & Kardinal & Konig. I'm sure there were others I didn't get to see.

Our next meeting is on the 11th March from 10.00am, and all are welcome, although we do ask that youngsters be accompanied by an adult.

For more information, contact me here, or check out our website:
http://www.gaminguk.info/mk/

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to here it went well. I don't get back to Hertfordshire until the 18th March, but best wishes for the 11th!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had a good time Richard.

Being close to the shopping centre also gave her the opportunity to take a break and get some retail therapy!

My most fun game was Betrayal at House on the Hill. I had not played that one before, but was immediately engrossed into the detailed theme.
After completing one game (where I had become the traitor and won the game with my buddy 'Death') everyone said 'We must play that again!!!'. This second time 'Frankenstein' was torched to death and the intrepid advenurers won the day. This feels to me like a good fun game to have on hand when all the family get together... I must get it!

I enjoyed all the other games, but was not too enamoured of Cosmic Encounter. We played what I think was the first incarnation, in all its original glory, and although I won, maybe everyone was being easy on me! I realised how much gaming has changed and evolved over the years.

I did get out Euphrates & Tigris Card Game in the hope I could entice someone to play .... but no such luck! I had to talk my wife into playing .... E&T is so open, and she continues to struggle to see the 'shape' of the game.

Next time I come, I am determined to also drag out my most favourite game .... a Mah Jongg set (or at least the card-game version) and force people to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you and your wife had fun. I really enjoyed playing Beowulf, although a later re-reading of the rules makes me think we did at least one thing wrong

I would have liked to try the T&E card game, but had gotten stuck into Caylus after lunch. Maybe next time.

If you bring Mah Jongg I'm sure you'll be able to persuade my wife to play, and she should be able to help twist the arms of some others

Hopefully see you again soon,

Richard

PS - if you organise any games in Reading do let me know - I'm not averse to a bit of travel, it gives me a chance to listen to the cd's my wife won't let me play at home

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Glad to here it went well. I don't get back to Hertfordshire until the 18th March, but best wishes for the 11th!meeple

Thanks Philip. Will you be around for the April meeting - on the 8th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be home, I think. Whether I can persuade my parents to let me visit Milton Keynes is another question- passing my driving test would help on this front!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just convince them that they'll have a lovely time shopping while you get some games in

Or, even better, get them playing some games as well - we're all ages and play games of all types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed out Richard. Been in some chaos because of my house move, and got dates confused. Next time hopefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry you couldn't make it Mike, but following our conversation last time I guessed your house move could be the reason.

I hope things are gettting sorted now, and that you can make the next session.

Cheers,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.