Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that we will have an even larger turnout this time Here are the details:

Where: Princeton Panera, Route 27, Princeton NJ.
When: Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006, 6pm-10pm

Again, I reserved one of the community rooms in Panera, so just walk in and go towards the back of the store. They will have a piece of paper on the door of the community room saying that it is reserved.

I want to play Byzantium and will bring a friend of mine who also wants to play it. I have been reading the rules and will further research some of the questions that arose in my mind here on the Geek. I'll also make sure Karl reads the rules, so we'll have to people who MAY be able to teach and play the game!!! It is a bit heavy on the rules, but it is a great game by one of my favorite designers!

Any other requests, ideas, suggestions? Since we have some PR fans in the group, I highly recommend Caylus. I can teach people if they want, though, again, I won't play a game of Caylus with more than 2 other people! Once we all get accustomed to it, I would like to try a 4-player game. Feel free to comment on the geeklist which games you'd like, or start a new geeklist, etc:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/13059

I can probably get there even earlier, if anyone wants to meet earlier.

Here's a link to the previous meeting's post and session report:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/97559

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliezer Silver
United States
Manlapan
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it. More to come...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panera Bread - (609) 683-5222 - 136 Nassau St, Princeton, NJ
Panera Bread - (609) 514-1456 - 510 Nassau Park Blvd, Princeton, NJ

Which one is on 27?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bersak
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The top one. Rt 27 = Nassau St.

I'll bring a random smattering of games unless I get some specific reqests.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitch37 wrote:
Panera Bread - (609) 683-5222 - 136 Nassau St, Princeton, NJ
Panera Bread - (609) 514-1456 - 510 Nassau Park Blvd, Princeton, NJ

Which one is on 27?

Brian is correct. Nassau St. is the name Route 27 takes in downtown Princeton. The Princeton Panera is very much in the middle of downtown Princeton! Nassau Park, however, is a large shopping area on Route 1 a little south of Princeton, with Wegmans, Home Depot, etc. I didn't know they opened a Panera there. This is ridiculous!

Basically, drive south on Route 27, away from New Brunswick, and eventually you will hit downtown Princeton (the next town over after Kingston) If you want to take Route 1 instead, the streets that will get you up to Nassau St/Route 27 in downtown Princeton are (from N to S): Harrison St, Washington St, and Alexander St. These connect Route 1 and Route 27 in Princeton. Princeton Panera is between Washinton and Alexander St.s on Nassau St. but it is considerably closer to Washington than to Alexander.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankee kindly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick session report on our third meeting. We're definetely getting more of a crowd. We were all able to play two or three games this time. And Panera did nto kick us out right at 10pm, so we played until 10:30 or so, which was nice.

Anyway, when Karl, Shadia, and I arrived Brian and Mitch were already there and upon Brian's suggestion we started to play Amun Re. Little did we know that he had a plan: to crush us all into little bits with a huge victory! shake Karl, Shadia, and Mitch played it for the first time and they all seemed to like the game. This was my second time and I payed attention not to run out of money this time because this is one of those games where there is not coming back from going broke (though not as brutal as Age of Steam, as pointed out by Brian). I think I understand the game much better this time. I will poitn out 3 rules that I missed during the game as a reminder: 1) the blue card which allows you to shift the temple 3 points has to be played along wiht your sacrifice. 2) you cannot, in one turn, play more than one of a kind of power card. 3) You cannot have more than 10 farmers in any province no matter what kind of power cards you have. In the meanwhile, Gene, Erin, and Shu showed up and they played a few games of Coloretto and Guilotine. I will make sure to bring some meatier short games for next time so people who arrive later can have that choice and then join up with others for a longer game. I was thinking Der Konig der Elven, Familienbande and San Juan would be perfect middle-weight card games for this purpose.

When we were done with Amun Re, Karl and Shadia left, and the rest of us decided to play Citadels. I had played only once before and I remembered it to be a bit too long, especially if people new to the game take a long time deciding which role to pick. I was, once again, tempted to taste the candy, especially after having to restrain myself from tryign the chicklets from Amun Re, but I was urged not to. I still have trouble really following what goes on in Citadels. Maybe it is a bit too long for my attention span. I also have trouble following who has what. Part of the distraction was the overall abundance of boobage in the game! I am proud to say that I built the first building with titties, the cathedral (Maybe I should get some religion after all)!!! Then Gene built the other card with serious naked women with breast and butt views. I must admit I had my eye on his Palace and Prison for a while. The latter had no boobies, but due to my current obsession with a British TV show (Bad Girls) I really wanted a prison! Didn't happen. Brian got the big bonus by finishing 8 buildings first. Mitch, Erin, and I managed to get the smaller bonus. Brian won by a large margin, yet again... Anyone recognize a pattern here? I think buldings with boobies should have counted for extra points in the end due to their distracting nature!

We didn't get to play Byzantium this time. Karl and I mabbe try to play it sometime this week, though. I am looking forward to playing Arkham Horror and RoboRally, too! I know Gene wanted to play those. Also on my list to play are Quirks, Aladdin's Dragons, Bridges of Shangrila, and Planet Busters.

And I hope the little baby did not get sick again... We missed Eliezer and Shannon

Cheers,

Blue

ps. ok, any games with a prison theme? anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I had a great time last night, and it had nothing to do with boobies. I look forward to trying lots of new games although I have the feeling I may end up spending more money because of it. I shall soon descend upon the group with my favorite CCG's(which I enjoy more because they play like standard games than ccgs) and Blue will be forced to play(not really).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gene, darling, would you happen to have a ccg involving life in the prison? just asking... nothing to do with boobies... am I sacring everyone already kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliezer Silver
United States
Manlapan
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, everythings fine on the baby front here. I got slammed this week with an emergent appeal and was at the office on wednesday till 9. Believe me, I would have M U C H rather been playing Citadels. We're looking forward to next time though. Glad to hear that lots of folks are showing up. I know a few more people that are looking forward to us meeting in new brunswick. Soon we'll have to start meeting in the superdome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XIII wrote:
Well I had a great time last night, and it had nothing to do with boobies.

The boobies helped. Speaking of which, it's nice to see so many femgeeks in attendance. Most of my gaming experiences were sausage parties, and this has been a refreshing change of pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I couldn't make it. The coffin lid was especially heavy on Wednesday night, and I decided to just sleep in. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gil, sorry you could not make it. But I am sure sleeping was as nice

For our next meeting we can try a Sunday, no? What does everyone think? Either Princeton or NB, I suggest the 5th. If not, then the usual Friday in NB onthe 3rd?

Please voice your opinion.

Nick, was it Nick? Let me know if you want to be on the geekmail listings for the future meetings.

blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you have seen this thread yet Blue, but boobies seem to have caused quite a stir: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/100485

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliezer Silver
United States
Manlapan
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although with my poor attendance I don't know how much credit my vote should be get, but regardless, Fridays in New Brunswick, Wednesdays in Princeton. I'm usually too busy on Sundays getting ready for the week.

The 3rd of March looks good for me as of now, once we reach a consensus i'll let a couple of folks in the area who said they wanted to come last time, but told me after the fact so i don't feel sorry of them.

It seems like lots of folks realy came out last time which is awesome, the location in New Brunswick (which btw i really liked) seems to have enough room so hopefully lots of folks come out again.

-e.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Albala
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday evenings are pretty much spoken for.

The 3rd should be fine for NB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 5th is no good. Friday is fine although I am coaching late that night so I will not be arriving until 9:30 or 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sorry, guys, I can't buy this game. I don't feel like looking at naked women while playing a game.

Now that's just crazy talk!

Seriously though, boobies did get me in trouble in BGG before, so I should shut my trap before I get in trouble again (Uhm, let's just say that I submitted some innocent game piece pictures, they even got accepted [this was way before GeekMod] and then they were taken down. It was short but sweet. I won't try again. It's a shame...)

Oh, and I have been addicted to this british prison drama so if I saw things like "Who slapped her tits today?" or "Oh, bollocks, shut it will you." or "I don't do scared" well you know why...

Looks like a lot of votes for the 3rd and none for the 5th so far. I'll wait until the end of the week and then call a date.

blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New thread for the fourth meeting:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/101333

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.