Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
The Man-O-War group (or half of it, the rest being bogged down in a marathon 'Lunatix loop' game)tried Morisi out as part of the Essen Frenzy this week.
Problem one - make sure the tiles are shuffled correctly ! Our first board layout had all of the towns huddled together in one corner - so we re-did the board.

The game plays well, the board is colourful, and we clipped along at a rair rate with the board filling up nicely, although the cantral towns tend to become overcrowded - maybe this could be fixed by having the large houses count as 4 instead of three?

Which brings me to my main complaint - Personally I dont like the rule that brings the game to a crashing halt if someone runs out out peices ! For one, you don't know who came second (etc), and it leads to 'oh, that was that then' concusion, rather than building up to a satisfying conclusion.
Limiting people to the counter mix would mean that some interesting tactial decisions would be required....

When the game runs its course, I disagree with comments from otherpeople about the complexity of the scoring - I found it perfectly clear, and clear in function. It is essential to understand it before you start playing though..

Good game, I will play again.

Oh, and Richard one - he was having a good day !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.