Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me suggest the following solution for the otherwise problematic play of scoring cards:

Mark the scoring cards. One way of doing so would be to put all cards into card sleeves with opaque backsides. These should be in a different colour for the scoring cards.

Deal out the cards normally, but don't look at the scoring cards until you choose to play that card.

Using this method, you'd accomplish the very same as with what you have in mind, but still retain the same scoring frequency as in a regular game. The only difference then ought to only be that both sides are guessing which region's to be scored.

For the sake of balance, however, I'd also do the following since scoring cards would not offer the same advance-knowledge seen in a 2-player game: Scoring Cards give the phasing player one operation point (which he'll usually wish to play prior to scoring the region in question). This ensures drawing scoring cards isn't necessarily bad and gives the phasing side a little bit of advance knowledge.

Anyway, that's how I'd proceed. Using these rules TS may be solitaired just as well as any other CDG (provided you've got the multiple personality disorder I happen to have).

NOTE: Crossposted from CSW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was solitairing just fine without needing to mark the cards...of course one must seperate USA and USSR knowledge, but that is easy, at least there is no trading element!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.