United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given some recent conversations around these parts on some rules questions, I thought I would go over the rule books looking for any rules differences. I only found the two previously discussed.

1) During the first round of the initial Leader Placement, the 1st edition says that each player must play a different color rider if possible. The 2nd edition simply says that everyone has to play a different color, which could result in a lock-up in a five-player game.

2) After enclosing an area, the 1st edition rules point out that it is impossible for another player to place camels into the enclosed area. In the 2nd edition rules, it forbids anyone, even the owning player, to place camels in this area. This can cause a situation near the end of the game where a player cannot legally play a camel.

In both cases, the 1st edition FFG rules reflect the original German rules, as far as I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

In a 5 player game, there are 5 colors of camels, so on the first round, everyone plays one color. How could that lead to a lockout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 5p game, each player has 4 colors. Everyone removes a camel of a different color from their starting set. So it's possible that if player 5 has no pink, that the first 4 players play everything but pink.

My solution (stated in another thread) is to require player 1 to play the color that player 5 doesn't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.