Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to find a few gaming accessories. I can't find any place online that sells what I'm looking for. First I want to find a very tiny egg timer. Like an hourglass with white sand in it. It needs to have either 30 seconds or one minute worth of sand in it. That would be great.

The second thing I'm looking for are flat, colored, translucent pieces of plastic. Those little glass baubly gems wont do, I need something flat. We want to use them to mark off which buildings have already been built on our cards in Attika. The glass pieces are too big and obscure the names of the cities and such. Also, the flat ones would be useful for other things. I'm thinking maybe I can find these at a craft store?

If anyone knows where to find stuff like this I would really appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For little transparent pieces of colored plastic check your local dollar stores for bingo chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
A company named Koplow makes both the sand timers and 'sorting chips' that you are looking for. You can see them in Koplow's catalog at www.koplow.com. Click catalog, then the 'sand timers' link to see sand timers and 'playing pieces' link to see the translucent sorting chips. If you do a google search on 'koplow sorting chips' and 'koplow sand timers' you should find some online sources. I found both the sand timers and sorting chips at my local game store so I'm not sure exactly which online store you should order from for these. I'm sure someone can point you to a good one though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dinky_Gnatbane wrote:
A company named Koplow makes both the sand timers and 'sorting chips' that you are looking for. You can see them in Koplow's catalog at www.koplow.com. Click catalog, then the 'sand timers' link to see sand timers and 'playing pieces' link to see the translucent sorting chips. If you do a google search on 'koplow sorting chips' and 'koplow sand timers' you should find some online sources. I found both the sand timers and sorting chips at my local game store so I'm not sure exactly which online store you should order from for these. I'm sure someone can point you to a good one though.

I believ you meant www.koplowgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
Dinky_Gnatbane wrote:

I believ you meant www.koplowgames.com

You are correct!

And I think you meant "I believe you meant www.koplowgames.com".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several months ago I purchased some colored translucent discs from a vendor on eBay. They are normally used for marking bingo numbers, and come in a variety of colors.

Each disc has a very thin metal ring around it that is barely noticeable. The metal ring allows the discs to be gathered quickly by some sort of magnetic wand that is apparently used at bingo games (I have no idea - I'm not a bingo player).

Anyway, the discs are translucent, they're sold in packs of assorted colors, and they're very inexpensive. Just search for "bingo" on eBay and see what comes up. These are brand new items sold by vendors - not something dug up in someone's garage.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.