flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Frank,

I can't tell you WHAT to get, but I can recommend WHERE to get it. I have been buying all my PCs and bits from Computers & Parts Land in West Melbourne - they have a full page ad in the Thursday green guides - and they seem to be VERY cheap. They also have quite good service if something goes wrong.

Link: http://www.cpl.net.au/

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, w/ and AMD 64 4200 X2 dual core w/ Corsair TWIN3500LL 1x2 gig ram and a BFG nVidia 7800gt, w/ Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB SATA II drive. I cool it with thermatalke Big Typhoon 4, and a Lian-Li PC-35 aluminum case.

And I am totally digging it. Runs like a champ. meeple

I went with the 4200 cause the price, and the 4400 has a different core with 1meg cache, but heard the heating was an issue, and the 4200 would be easier to OC later.

I also was contemplating the Western Digital Raptor WD1500, for the 10K RPM action, but was really pricey, and max of 150gig. So went with the 2500 instead.

I haven't seen enough performance enhancements for using the SLI as of yet, so one 7800gt seems to be more than plenty.

I had the case, power supply, and DVD burner already, so the price tag was around $1500(American of course) for the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.