Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Crider
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea for an optional spell that seems to fit nicely with the 1.6 rules, but should only be used if the optional dispell spell is used. In addition to the spells already known, every wizard knows this level 2 spell.

Initiative:

1d1 @ F4 if successful initiative on the battlefield changes. The attacker immediately becomes the defender.

I've tried it only once and it was interesting that the spell didn't always just come flying out. Sometimes, the attacking force was just fine whacking away on the enemy. Other times though, this spell saved my bacon. It was certainly different. Don't know if I will incorpate this spell again, but I might.

Cheers, TC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you suggest that the advantage for the attacker and the cost of the spell are in balance? I would say the effect of the spell would only go for one round only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Do you mean localized to the particular battle the Wizard is engaged in, or all subsequent battles as well? Isn't the swarm spell kind of similar in letting the Chaos units all attack first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do you mean localized to the particular battle the Wizard is engaged in, or all subsequent battles as well?

I would say the spell is already strong enough when the attacker in ONE single battle (where the wizard is in) has the advantage for ONE single round of combat.

But still, I think the suggestion is a nice one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.