Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Players: Jonathan O, Steve O, Steve K, Don, Trev

I was late arriving this week, having been to look around Catherine’s secondary school ( she moves up in September ) earlier in the evening. The others were well into a game of Ricochet Robot, which is more of a competitive puzzle than a true game.

Each turn, players have to work out the shortest number of moves to shift a robot around the game board to a particular point. When a person thinks they have solved it, they shout out that number of moves, following which the remaining players have a minute to try and find a shorter route ( or if they are lagging behind in the scoring, the same number of moves). Once the time is up, the active player displays his superior knowledge by proving how it is done and gains a Victory Point. The game continues in this way for several rounds or until everyone dies of brain-ache.

Trev and Steve O were the ones who were best able to visualise the moves and shared the win at the end of the game. Although, I joined in with only 4 or 5 rounds to go, I did manage to collect a couple of points, which surprised me as I’m not terribly good at this type of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.