David Coutts
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

When a Hero dies, any lingering effects (eg. web, burn, poison & stun) are removed.

I can see why poison and stun should be removed, but not burn and web.

Does anyone already have a house rule that allows for burn and web to persist after Hero death?

In the case of burn, the "fire" should extinguish on the usual die roll. Web should only disappear when "attacked" (cleared) deom adjacent squares as per current die roll.

If burn and web are present in a space, and a hero steps into them, there should be less effect (or less likelihood of damage) than when burn and web are the result of an attack (as the Hero would try to avoid them as far as possible).

Note: given the rules on attacks, and the fact that attacks are declared against a space (not a figure), this would allow monsters with burn and web abilities to attempt to "block" passages and slow Heros down.

Regards,

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When Heroes die, they respawn in town. Think of this as loading the Hero from an old game save.

A player whose Hero who had been webbed and then was unable to move in town would probably not have much fun. Likewise a Hero who is consistently dying from flames. Both abilities require surges to recover from, which can be a real pain in the neck if you're unlucky - dying alleviates that problem for the luckless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Coutts
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob Busby wrote:
A player whose Hero who had been webbed and then was unable to move in town would probably not have much fun. Likewise a Hero who is consistently dying from flames.

Jacob, I agree with what you say, except that wasn't what I meant. The idea is that the effects persist in the dungeon, not on the Hero. Thus, a Hero that is resurrected in town would be unaffected by either lingering effect.

Regards,

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacoutts wrote:

Jacob, I agree with what you say, except that wasn't what I meant. The idea is that the effects persist in the dungeon, not on the Hero. Thus, a Hero that is resurrected in town would be unaffected by either lingering effect.

Regards,

David

The lingering effects are on characters, not spaces. For example Telekinesis skill does not remove character from web:

Question:
a) If one hero is caught in a web, can another hero move him with telekinesis?
b) Does the web token move with the character under telekinesis movement? Or is it removed due to telekinesis?"

a) Yes. Web doesn't interact with other abilities, such as knockback or telekinesis.
b) It would move with the character as telekinesis does not affect web.
Source: Mike Z, http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.