Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
za nouge
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Can Leaders modify things like repair rolls and weapon recovery rolls? The rules don't seem terribly exact as to what the Leader modifier can be applied to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Haseler
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately not! Recovery dr, SW repair dr, smoke grenade dr, and other activities with a single die are not affected by leadership.

The Leadership DRM applies to some 'two dice activities' i.e. IFT attacks, To Hit attempts by a SW, and the MCs and TCs of other units...

PaulH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
za nouge
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Thanks Paul.
Good thing too; I was finding it hard to imagine that those infantry leaders were experts on the repair and maintanance of every weapon or gun they came across.

This "only assist in combat and moral-type rolls" was what I kind of intutively felt from reading the ASLSK rules, but I couldn't really find it spelled out anywhere. Which always makes me uncomforatable when it comes to these things... I guess I'm a dyed-in-the-wool rules lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
The full ASL rules use a small triangle symbol to denote items that cannot be affected by leadership modifiers. You can see these triangle symbols printed on the front of the FT and DC counters.

There are about a zillion things you can roll the dice for in regular ASL, but you never have to wonder if a leadership modifier can apply: you just look for the triangle symbol. It appears in text of the rule in question, on any associated table, and even on counters. If there's no triangle, you can apply leadership to the roll.

I'm not sure why this notation system was not used in the Starter Kit rules. Possibly the SK rules are seen as too simple to require it, but it seems like it would have been relatively painless to use it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.