Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » Rules

Subject: If the supply is almost out - who gets adventurers first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is only 2 blacks in the supply and it's my turn - I land on his (hypothetical) building.

- The building Owner benefit is: 1 Black and 1 Gold.

- The building gives me: 1 Black and 1 Gold.

- We both have a plot quest completed that allows us to get a Black whenever we get Gold.

What happens? Who gets what first? Is there an order? There is only 2 blacks to be received but 4 blacks in total to give out.

Thanks for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By "blacks" I assume you mean Rogues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think the person getting the main benefit gets theirs and then the building owner. But I'm a top-down Dominion player rules interpreter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeloftus wrote:
I would think the person getting the main benefit gets theirs and then the building owner. But I'm a top-down Dominion player rules interpreter.

I would agree with this assessment. Thematically, the active player is taking an action to recruit. The building owner then receives payment as a result of that action. The actual action should resolve before the "reaction", I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption would be that the person taking the action resolves their action first and that afterwards the building owner takes his due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bergen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
In order for the owner to receive the benefit, the building must first be 'used'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so if the person who uses the building gets his black and gold first, what happens next?

Does the person plot quest trigger and he gets the last black? Or does the owner benefit trigger first and the opponent gets his black and gold?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We both have a plot quest completed that allows us to get a Black whenever we get Gold.

Only the active player who took the action can use his plot quest to receive the extra black cube. The building owner did not take an action, therefor his plot quest does not trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Paterson
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Droo!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
BimmyJim wrote:
OK so if the person who uses the building gets his black and gold first, what happens next?

Does the person plot quest trigger and he gets the last black? Or does the owner benefit trigger first and the opponent gets his black and gold?

Thanks

I don't think that this is in the rules, or the FAQ, but I would:

1. the person who uses the building gets his rogue (black) and gold first
2. then the owner benefit would trigger, giving the owner 1 rogue (black) and a gold
3. The person taking the action would miss out on getting the plot quest extra rogue (black), because none are left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BimmyJim wrote:

Thanks

Per the online FAQ, the owner wouldn't trigger his plot quest even if there were plenty of rogues remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.