Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I thought it was not possible, but look at this user. Agricola, Android etc etc. All rated multiple times. How is that possible?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jgoyes?rated=1&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
I thought it was not possible, but look at this user. Agricola, Android etc etc. All rated multiple times. How is that possible?

It is possible. You have to add the game multiple times to your collection, and you can rate each of them independently.

It makes sense if you connect the individual items to different versions. For example, i rate the original edition of Auf Achse at 4, and the recent edition at 7.5.

Note that for BGG ranking calculation, only the highest rating from each user is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jgoyes?rated=1&...

You can add multiple copies to your collection and rate them all. Differently even. I think only the highest rating per user is used.

edit: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Odd, but okay thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
Odd, but okay thanks.

Not so odd if you realize that different editions can vary widely, e.g. the components might be crappy quality in one and great quality in another... so many people would naturally consider the high quality edition to be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.