Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New ideas were thought up, and tested this weekend.
I tried a new variation this weekend. I call it "Minor critters & heavy hitters". First I split the invader deck into SPAWN cards and EVENT cards, the event cards were split in two sets of equal size and set aside. Then the spawn cards were divided into two sets, one "the minor critters" consisted of half the cards containing combinations of zombies/imps/trites and ONE DEMON and ONE MANCUBUS. This was shuffled with half the event cards, and the rest of the spawn cards, "the heavy hitters" was shuffled with the rest of the event cards. Then the minor critters were placed on top of the heavy critters and play started. We didn´t get through the entire deck, but had planned to reshuffle the whole thing into one deck if this happened.
If playing with newbies you could opt to just playing with the minor critters, playing throuh them twice before the invader scores a frag.

Another idea, that was discussed, though not playtested was based on the kind of movie where a whole team of lean- mean- fighting- machines move into trouble and are whittled down to a handfull of heroes, usually surviving through to the end of the movie. Movies like ALIENS or RESIDENT EVIL for instance... New variation: In one-marine games the marine gets two BUDDIES and in two or three marine games each player gets one BUDDIE each. These buddies start with the same helth and armor as the marine, but gets no marine cards. They take their actions as normal in the same turn as their controlling player, and can place orders. They can pick up and use eqipment. This includes picking up health. However, once the invader kills of the BUDDY he stays dead, although the invader gets no frags for this. Any eqipment/ammo/weapons the BUDDY has picked up is placed in a stack in the place where he was killed, and can be picked up as normal by another marine. "Picking up your fallen comrades shotgun, you swear to avenge him!!!" Although, as I mentioned earlier, this hasn´t ben playtested yet, I think it seems like a fun idea, both for the filmic tones of it, and to give the marine players a little help getting through the first coupple of areas alive...
Any comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.