Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive approx £35 to spend from me recent ebay sales.

but every time i go to a shop, i find not every item is on 1 shop, and if i choose another store post and packing goes up they dont accept paypal and other miffy ideas..

Im mostly a 2 player gamer with a girlfriend who will play, but not a gamer, a brother and his girlfriend who vist from time to time, both happy to game but new to the idea of interesting games!

at uni we some times have 4 players about once a month. but they prefer monoploy and down cast my adventorous games!

So any way im currently lookinf at

Jambo
Fjords
Robo Rally( expensive)
Missipie queen (hard to find)
China( only 3 player +)
Ingenious (looks plain)
albrahma( why is there so many versions which is best?)
phenoix (2 player looks good)
fearsome floors (good 2+ players? too childish?)
gipft? (rencently liked zerts)
trans europe? ( quicker then ticket to ride?)

I really like the idea of portable fit in a cloth bag games..

so do i just go 2 player game or by a 2 player+ game but more expnsive

recent 5 Flopped purchases
Fairytale
Bluemoon
boomtown
carcasone castle
Jack- Ripper Mystery rummmy

Current 5 faves
Ticket to ride ( for groups)
Though desert ( 2 player)
Carcasoen city ( 2 player or 4 player)
Lost cities ( classic 2 player goodness)
Copperkettal co( karumfuninniin silly german type name 2-3 players)

so better recomendations for me?
what would you choose?

help me!

Saving the money is not an option! lol games are a social investment! lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mellors
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Alhambra is a fun game for 2.

I just got it this weekend, and my GF and I have already played a number of times.
Granted I only won once (out of about 4 games) but then again she destroyes me in TtoR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alhambra has worked well for me with "nongamers". Just make sure you get the basic Alhambra and not one of the expansions. The expansions all require the base game (and from reading the reviews on BGG, the expansions don't seem to add to the game for the most part).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll "third" the Alhambra suggestion. It plays very well with 2-players, and is great for playing with non-gaming girlfriends. It also plays with more players, although I would not play it with more than 4 (too chaotic). Since it plays well with 2, 3 or 4, I can definitely recommend it to you. As stated above, just get the basic Alhambra game with no expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alhambra and Fjords are big hits with me and my wife, as 2 player games.

I played RoboRally and Fiersome Floors once each and really like them both. I don't belive they would be very good with only 2 or 3 players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A fair amount of my gaming is with my wife, or with nongamers, so I am familiar with this dilemma in regards to game purchases. Of the games that you listed, Ingenious (though it does look plain) gets frequent play; it does require some strategy but resembles the game of dominoes so much it seems pretty unthreatening to nongamers. The GIPF series of games are also good, though I haven’t played them all, and of course they are all just 2-player. Pheonix is ok, but so far nothing to write home about. The same goes for TransEuropa; the Ticket to Ride games are, IMHO, deeper and offer more bang for your buck (though you are correct in the assessment that the Trans- games do seem to play a little quicker). Check the TransAmerica page, under related links, for a downloadable Java-based computer game to try before you buy.

Other BGGers have listed Alhambra as a good buy, and it might be for some, but it didn’t go over too well in our household, whether 2-player or with more. However, you can find it pretty cheap with online retailers, so it might be worth a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper A
Denmark
Frederikshavn
na
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingenious is a great game. I have played 7 games since i bought it 2 days ago - how many games can you say that about?

But then again... I think Blue Moon is great too - i don't think my wife would like it though. How much did you play it before you gave up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check these out:

-Lost Cities
-Metro
-San Juan
-St. Petersburg

These might aslo appeal to your nongamer wife. San Juan is the "heaviest" of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool thanx for the help I read all the recnt post about other people requesting similar kinda games but think other postes ther more 2 player +

where im asking 2 player or 2 player +

well alhambra is in the post should get it tommorw.

already got lost cities thats prolly best 2 player I have sand great online too!

after lack of playing carcassone expasnions im not to inclinded on expansions, rather have a new game...

i think next big question is

St petursburg or purto rico! PR seems big i doubt i'll get many plays with it...St peterburg just looks like bad ARTwork!

ah hopefully when alhmbra arrives i'll calm my gammer fix for a month or 2 but then i need a new game for birthday! lol

Im cossidering fjords for my borther as its like though desert and carcassone?

unfortunatly i own though derst and carc
and he only owns carc the city on prolly only plays 2 player mostly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.