Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Dunfee
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I played this wrong. Assuming its my first turn of the game, I ask for all of my patients and get red, green, red, green. I can spend one action to admit a single red and single green patient, but have to stop because I hit another red patient. Can I then spend another admit action to admit another red and green patient into the same rooms? Or is it one cube per colored room period.

Really enjoying the game, by the way! I work at a hospital and I'm thoroughly enjoying getting to build my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Korson
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Never trust the brute-force power of a computer network to do the job of a combinatorialist.
mbmbmbmbmb
EricD wrote:
I think I played this wrong. Assuming its my first turn of the game, I ask for all of my patients and get red, green, red, green. I can spend one action to admit a single red and single green patient, but have to stop because I hit another red patient. Can I then spend another admit action to admit another red and green patient into the same rooms? Or is it one cube per colored room period.

Page 7 of rules explains that only one patient cube is allowed per treatment room. So you can't admit another patient cube into a treatment room that already has a patient cube in it.

So in your example, you can't take another 'Admit Patients' action until you free up one or more rooms by using 'Cure Patients' actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dunfee
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andy! Other than that I think we got the game mostly right. It felt like multiple patients per room would be the only way to build up any real amount of currency. To keep the game short, we only played with 4 specialty rooms, which, in hind-sight is what really seems to have impacted our ability to make a decent amount of money.

How'd it go for you at Tim's? Did you enjoy the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Korson
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Never trust the brute-force power of a computer network to do the job of a combinatorialist.
mbmbmbmbmb
EricD wrote:
Thanks Andy! Other than that I think we got the game mostly right. It felt like multiple patients per room would be the only way to build up any real amount of currency. To keep the game short, we only played with 4 specialty rooms, which, in hind-sight is what really seems to have impacted our ability to make a decent amount of money.

How'd it go for you at Tim's? Did you enjoy the game?

I did, but we messed up quite a few rules. We had the Laboratory and Pathology rooms in play. Scott had both rooms, so he was collecting a ton of grey cubes, and won handily.

But then I found out that when using Pathology to remove multiple grey cubes, you only get to keep a single, and then when scoring grey cubes at the end, it takes two greys to equal one patient cube, so therefore it takes four grey cubes to earn a point. Scott should have had a ton less points.

And we also forgot to bonus action markers when buying tiles from other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.