Glenn Pruitt
United States
waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My oldest son is 7 going on 8 and I have been thinking more and more about what games I can introduce him to. This game caught my eye yesterday - it was sitting down low on my basement game shelf when I noticed that it said ages 8 and up. All right, I'll give it a try! My son picked up on it very quickly, and with a little help reading some of the cards he was playing the mechanics correctly in just a few minutes.

I won easily in our first game because I happened to blunder into a house with some enhancements early on, and I also found a few unguarded lost souls right away. We incorrectly played that a rescued lost soul 'or' a rescued hero gives you an additional battle die. We corrected this in our second game.

The second game lasted a lot longer, and was much closer, but I won that one also. James, my son, spent a lot of turns fighting battles where the odds were against him, and that allowed me to win.

To wrap it up, a good game for a 7-8 year old kid. I enjoyed playing it with him, more than I thought I would. Mechanics worked for my 7 year old, and he began to grasp some of the strategy as we finished our second game. Good stuff - I'll start him on Squad Leader next week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.