Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Ransford
United States
Jeffersonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember seeing at one time that the crayons will eventually cause damage to the board. Is this a common occurrence? If so, what do you do to prevent/repair this damage?

In addition, what crayons have you found to be the best replacements for the original crayons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use dry-erase (white board) markers, remembering to clean the board thoroughly before putting the game away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a transparency cut to the exact size of the board and watersoluble markers.

The board is fully protected, the drawn lines look sharp and you can clean the transparency easily using a wet piece of paper.

Plexiglass also works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a really old copy of Empire Builder (third edition) and to date, despite many, many playings, there are no crayon marks on the board. None of my newer copies have any crayon marks either.

As a side note, we did try to use overhead pens on a couple of games, but they didn't come off cleanly in all cases, so we don't use them now.

As for replacements, we don't even use the crayons that come with the game. We use the Crayola washable crayons. They are bigger (and easier to hold) and wipe off just as easily as others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair has laminated roll-up maps available for all the EB games ($8-12). These work really well with either china markers or vis-a-vis wet erasable markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
Mayfair has laminated roll-up maps available for all the EB games ($8-12). These work really well with either china markers or vis-a-vis wet erasable markers.

All the *current* train games, I believe. I'd love to have a flat map of the 1st edition of Empire Builder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
mark_biggar wrote:

All the *current* train games, I believe. I'd love to have a flat map of the 1st edition of Empire Builder.

They had those on sale for a while, I have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.