Popular Tags: [View All]
Debora Heidenreich
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Okay at least in my house, and I am the only female, so my odds were pretty good to start with. I agreed to learn something new this weekend, and this is what my hubby picked.

After a little bit of a bad start and some confusion on the rules ( and he is a bad teacher), okay maybe I am a bad pupil, but I regress.

Once we finally got the rules down and I "got it" we started laying our lines, we played the fast version. Gary told me this game, while the box said 3 hours woudln't take that long ( I know he is lying when he says this, I pretend to believe him..shhh) I had drawn cards that required me to go down into Mexico, so while I was trying to make my way down there he was busy trekking back and forth across the midwest accumulating a nice little nest egg.

However once I got into mexico and was able to start making the coffee and textile runs I quickly caught up... we played for roughly 2 and half hours and decided to quit, I had $4mil more than him and we counted that as a win.

The next night we played again, as I really enjoyed it the previous night. My routes drawn were not very user freindly, I had to run rail from one cost to the other, while Gary proceeded to trek on down to Mexico ( copycat ). So in the many turns It took me to be able to get anywhere that was worth anything, he was back and forth from the north to sun and fun in the south... and was starting to wear his "I am going to win face".... but as he was doing htat I was slowly connecting to most of the major cities and by the time he realized it, and foolishly metioned it, I was a total of three mile posts away from connecting to six of the seven.. so I won again.

I really enjoy this game, I like the idea of mapping your own rails, in fact even once I had offically won, we carried on for another hour or so just running loads. And I am the reigning train goddess in my house!! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gibbs
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Debora,

Did you also have the money needed (beyond just the cities) to win the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debora Heidenreich
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
No, just the six out of seven connections on the second game, on the first game we quit early and I had more money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.