Popular Tags: [View All]
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
Kabardino-Balkarian Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On p. 6 of rules, it is written: "Once an aeroplane has loaded its designated number of passengers it can't carry any more."

1. Whether it means, what the same plane can be loaded during the CURRENT era ONLY once? (One tile passengers (or two-three-four tiles etc. in a case with "NIGHT FLIGHTS" - BUT ONLY ONCE during the era)).

2. If in Era 2 on the flipped card of the plane (bought in Era 1) lies Excess Passenger Tiles, in Era 2 I AGAIN can load this plane ONLY ONCE for the CURRENT era?

With respect, Arsen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Fitz
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinner wrote:
On p. 6 of rules, it is written: "Once an aeroplane has loaded its designated number of passengers it can't carry any more."

1. Whether it means, what the same plane can be loaded during the CURRENT era ONLY once? (One tile passengers (or two-three-four tiles etc. in a case with "NIGHT FLIGHTS" - BUT ONLY ONCE during the era)).

2. If in Era 2 on the flipped card of the plane (bought in Era 1) lies Excess Passenger Tiles, in Era 2 I AGAIN can load this plane ONLY ONCE for the CURRENT era?

With respect, Arsen.

Both question:it means "as soon as" there are the designated number of passangers on the plane you can't load more. It does not mean this is limited to one time per era.

I think you got confused of the double meaning of once.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
Kabardino-Balkarian Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alexander!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gilchrist
Canada
flag msg tools
Openair wrote:
Shinner wrote:

With respect, Arsen.

Both question:it means "as soon as" there are the designated number of passangers on the plane you can't load more. It does not mean this is limited to one time per era.

I think you got confused of the double meaning of once.

Hope that helps

Okay, now you have confused me.

I thought the process was:

Buy plane, place airport on plane card. Place airport. Claim passenger tile. Place passenger tile on airplane card. How/when can you load more passengers per plane? Can you load more than one airport per plane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
stnorberter wrote:

Buy plane, place airport on plane card. Place airport. Claim passenger tile. Place passenger tile on airplane card. How/when can you load more passengers per plane? Can you load more than one airport per plane?

1. When you buy a plane, you do place the airport tile(s) on it. I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST PLACING PASSENGER CAPACITY CHIT(S) ON THAT PLANE (although this is not in the rules, it makes things much easier to understand -- that number is the number of passengers that plane card can carry)
2. In a later action, you may place any of the airport tiles you currently have on your planes
3. When you claim a passenger tile, you place it on an airplane tile with enough capacity to handle it; that plane's capacity decreases by the number of passengers on the passenger tile. SO IF YOU FOLLOWED MY SUGGESTION IN (1) YOU SHOULD EXCHANGE THE CAPACITY CHIT FOR A LOWER NUMBERED ONE (e.g., if your plane had 3 capacity and you loaded a 2-passenger tile on it, replace the 3-chit with a 1-chit). Note that it doesn't matter whether or not that airport tile (number 2) is still on that card.

So to answer "How/when can you load more passengers per plane?": whenever you choose a passenger tile and you have a plane with empty capacity (IF YOU FOLLOWED MY RECOMMENDATION, THEN IF YOU SEE A CAPACITY CHIT WITH VALUE AT LEAST EQUAL TO THE PASSENGER TILE YOU CHOSE, YOU CAN LOAD THE PLANE WITH THAT PASSENGER).

Q: "Can you load more than one airport per plane?"
A: Planes come with 0, 1, or 2 airports when you purchase the card. You can never add more airports to a plane card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gilchrist
Canada
flag msg tools
snoozefest wrote:
stnorberter wrote:

1. When you buy a plane, you do place the airport tile(s) on it. I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST PLACING PASSENGER CAPACITY CHIT(S) ON THAT PLANE (although this is not in the rules, it makes things much easier to understand -- that number is the number of passengers that plane card can carry)
2. In a later action, you may place any of the airport tiles you currently have on your planes
3. When you claim a passenger tile, you place it on an airplane tile with enough capacity to handle it; that plane's capacity decreases by the number of passengers on the passenger tile. SO IF YOU FOLLOWED MY SUGGESTION IN (1) YOU SHOULD EXCHANGE THE CAPACITY CHIT FOR A LOWER NUMBERED ONE (e.g., if your plane had 3 capacity and you loaded a 2-passenger tile on it, replace the 3-chit with a 1-chit). Note that it doesn't matter whether or not that airport tile (number 2) is still on that card.

So to answer "How/when can you load more passengers per plane?": whenever you choose a passenger tile and you have a plane with empty capacity (IF YOU FOLLOWED MY RECOMMENDATION, THEN IF YOU SEE A CAPACITY CHIT WITH VALUE AT LEAST EQUAL TO THE PASSENGER TILE YOU CHOSE, YOU CAN LOAD THE PLANE WITH THAT PASSENGER).

Q: "Can you load more than one airport per plane?"
A: Planes come with 0, 1, or 2 airports when you purchase the card. You can never add more airports to a plane card.

Okay, but if you have capacity 3, and load a 2 passenger tile, and you want to add a 1 passenger tile, does that tile have to be the same destination as the 2 passenger tile? Or just a destination that you have an airport?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. As you'll notice, I never said anything to suggest that passengers loaded at one time have to be the same as earlier -- the only thing to look at is the capacity chit (which is only a number, not a city). Thematically, each plane card represents a fleet of planes, not just a single one -- you can use any passenger tiles, as long as you have airports in the relevant cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.