Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
As an example, lets say the players each have to solve a puzzle and the order they solve it in determines the order they take actions in the next phase of the game. If two or more players each solved their puzzle at the same time, how would you prefer to split the tie?

Poll
How would you split a speed based tie?
Player with most/least points
Player with most/least resources
Player with most/least cards in hand
Player who is oldest/youngest/some other random info
Something else (please comment with suggestion)
      9 answers
Poll created by s3rvant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's really enough information in your question to choose an appropriate answer. In most games, I think it's pretty standard for tie-breakers of in-game actions to go in favor of either a) the "defender", or b) the player who's currently most behind in terms of game position (as a possible catch-up mechanism.) If either of those can be applied to your situation, I would say go with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you "call" it, so you yell when you are done, usually the other players just vote quickly on who they thought got done first. If one person is winning sometimes we'll vote the other person "won" the tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fl√łe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New challenge between the two maybe? And if they are tied again, then roll a die perhaps.

Not that I fancy these ideas more than others, but I think (at least in Europe where soccer is the most popular sport), players will find it familiar (new challenge = overtime / roll a die = penalty shootout)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Roshambo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.