MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings patient players of DUNE.

The game has officially begun and roles are sent out.

The rules thread is here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/98916

Please refer to it for rules and attributes, and please PM me any and all questions you have.

Please remember to post at least once each day to the thread. As this day is getting off to a late start, players will have a grace period for today only. If a person fails to post today, they will not be dropped from the game.

--------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Arrakeen!

I am your host, Ningat Uurwa. I will be your guide during your stay here on Arrakis.

Arrakeen is the capital of Arrakis, the desert planet known throughout the galaxy as Dune. Arrakeen has traditionally been the seat of the Arrakeen Governor, although more recent governors have frequently located themselves at the much larger city of Carthag. The Arrakeen Palace is the largest single building on Arrakis currently still in use, and has often been the site of Imperial receptions and official functions, as well as the home of the governor.

As you enter the Arrakeen Palace, please take a moment to wash your hands and refresh your face in the large basin outside the doors. Feel free to use the towels on hand nearby, and do not worry about a few drops splashed here or there! From there, enter the palace and follow the hover-globes marked in green to the dining hall, where refreshments will be served. We have excellent Caladanian wines to sample, several species of caviar from Giedi Prime and Morundu, many exotic fruits from Geshon, and some of the most outstanding natural foods of Kaitain.

When you are ready to retire, please locate the hover-globe with your name on it, and follow it to your personal chambers, where you will find your belongings already unpacked and stored away. If you find anything lacking in your accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the other Fremen housekeepers on staff, and they will gladly and graciously correct the oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf: DUNE - Arrival at the Arrakeen Palace
And one more note: I am aware that many of you are here to deal with the current "crisis" that has recently arisen here. Please be assured that my duty, and the duty of the rest of the palace staff, is purely to see to your immediate and personal needs. We have absolutely no intention of becoming involved in such weighty affairs of state, but if any of us can be of assistance as couriers or in any other capacity, please be sure to coordinate such requests through me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moderator Notes for the day:

Today, February 13th, will be considered an automatic no-lynch day.

You MAY send private messages according to the rules. You may send private messages either during the Day or Night phases in this game, you do not need to restrict yourself to only PMing during the day or only during the night. However, your limit of 3 messages sent and 6 responses (or more if you're a leader) apply to each full day/night cycle. Thus, you may send 3 total messages on Day and Night 0, 3 on Day and Night 1, and so on.

All players may use any night actions they wish, if they feel so inclined, for night 0. If you do wish to use such abilities, send them to me by 9 PM BGG time today. However, if you know you will not be using any night-time abilities tonight, please send me a PM as soon as possible to let me know this. If I get all players confirming night actions early, Day 1 can begin earlier.

The first actual lynch deadline will be 4 PM BGG time on February 14th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
As the first to report, it is my duty to be the first to accuse:

Vote: Beowulf

Accusation: I don't have enough time in the day to read all of his voluminous posts. Considering this game allows e-mails, I have to triple this volume. As Beowulf and I are always on the same side, this will debilitate my ability to earn a living.

Reason #2.

By piling on a victim, we can determine if various people are leaders or not. Let's give a random person 3 votes - if there is no kill, than at least 3 of the "no-lynch" votes are leaders.

Edit for cross-posting.

Humble servent of the Empire reporting for duty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Greetings! I have arrived and await the Emperor's pleasure in dealing with this "crisis". Of course, with the Emperor's wisdom and might, it will soon be crushed, but I stand ready to render what aid I may.

OOC: First to post, eh, bowman? If you're refreshing BGG that often, maybe Beowulf isn't the reason you can't get any work done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I have everyone's attention please? For everyone's convenience, I have listed all guests currently staying at the Arrakeen Royal Palace:

Anonymouse512
arkibet
Atalanta
BagpipeDan
Beowulf
bowman
bwt2q
Dragonbane11
funktard
glitterati
greek2me
houndsoftindalos
jaredh
Javal
jmilum
Johnny
lauramath
Luthien
MoonGoddess
rasattack
Royalflush
SecretSauce
shugyosha
SybotCB
Tarrant
xandryyte
xlorp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I have your attention again, please?

The above roster of guests has me somewhat confused, since it appears that everyone in attendance is using a false name or code name. When I originally received orders to prepare for the arrival of guests, I was given the following roster:

Emperor Shaddam IV
Princess Irulan
Duke Leto Atreides
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Paul Atreides
Lady Jessica Atreides
Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Feyd-Rautha
Glossu Rabban
Dr. Yueh
Duncan Idaho
Gurney Halleck
Thufir Hawat
Piter DeVries
Ammon Eix
Count Hasimir Fenring
Lady Fenringse
Sardaukar Bashar
Sardaukar House Guards
Iakin Nefud
Harkonnen House Guard
Stilgar
Chani
Otheym
Warrick
Jamis
Reverend Mother Romallo
Liet Kynes
Lingar Bewt
Esmar Tuek
Stabban Tuek
The Spacing Guild Bank Representative
A Spacing Guild Navigator
A Spacing Guild Mentat
A Spacing Guild Guardian

I am not certain what all this means, but I am sure all of you noble and worthy people know exactly what you are doing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more Moderator Announcement:

This is fairly important. As stated in the rules, at all times the players will know which Character is the current Governor of Arrakis.

As of Day 0, Count Glossu Rabban is the Governor of Arrakis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone! I hope this stay on Arrakis will be enjoyable. Much of my life has been spent with a desire to visit this planet. Lucky for us, I think many here are glad that the Emperor's Truthsayer did not join us for this journey (or perhaps she has and knows of my honest oversight or intentional lie). No matter what happens, the Spice is the most valuable thing in our universe. We must protect it and mine it, so that the economy of the universe will survive. Keep your wits about you. You may see the face of the friend only to watch it change into an enemy. No one may be as loyal as Emperor Shaddam as we would like them to be.

Serve your Houses well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all, and let us keep the spice flowing! To peace, stability, and profit for all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One MORE mod announcement.

As you've no doubt noted, all official-moderator-type-stuff is in this color. If you want to ask a question to me publicly, use this same color so I can easily find it.

The narrative stuff is all in the native sand-color of Dune. Most of the stuff in the narrative is just that - narrative. If anything in the narrative is actually relevant and important to the game, it will be confirmed in moderator red.

In addition - PLEASE feel free to send me comments any time about this game. This is obviously a major experiment on my part, and it grew well beyond what I originally thought of. Any suggestions or comments or criticisms can only help make DUNE II an even better and tighter game.

Finally, there is NO LEADER VOTE FOR GOVERNOR TONIGHT.

Our good "Beast" Rabban hasn't had a chance yet to show off his governing powers, so there is no reason yet for a vote. (Tomorrow night could be a different story, though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ah... Arrakis... the smell of spice. I'm looking forward to eating the exotic fruits of Geshon. Splendid indeed! However, it appears we do have work to do here as well. Can someone further explain the situation that has arisen here on Arrakis? Also, how is the spice flow these days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, it's so dry here! I'm going to have to soak in lotion every night. Greetings and salutations to all. Please excuse me for the time being while I freshen up.

*Moon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I hope this backwater, er, planet has some form of entertainment. Spice may keep the Universe moving, but it sure does have an interesting home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is far more material in the rules than first appears. The whole set-up requires careful thought and analysis, so rather than make any rash statements, I shall set myself to study them thoroughly. I'd hate to make some foolish unforced error.

Nice to meet you all. I shall be able to post more tomorrow, I hope. For now, I am off to bed. G'night all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello to all. Is it just me or is Arrakeen awefully dry? How much water can a spice buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, my fellow delegates. It has been a long time since I have seen some of you here. With everyone's cooperation, I'm sure we can settle this problem with relative ease.

Please join me, as I wish to propose a toast.

"To the continued prosperity afforded us by the Spice that flows from this planet, and to an even more prosperous future!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aah, hello, all. It's good to see everyone here. Arrakeen, is it? I'll be heading to my quarters now, I hope tomorrow's events are fruitful!

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kelley
United States
Fort wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*smiles and raises her glass*

it seems some have a differant idea of fun. I find this planet while very dry to be quite interesting. I mean think of it with out the spice of this planet the universe as we know it would come to a stop. The POWER of one little backwater planet it is quite interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atalanta
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
is this the part of the thread where I point out that it is tradition to spill the water from washing your hands on the floor for the Fremen scum to mop up (and then sell it outside...water is a valuable commodity to the "common folks" here).

- Your humble servant reporting for duty.

(also, my apologies, as I will be on the planet in an ornithopter studying worms all this week, 8a-5pm BGG time, and may not be available via PM or on the board for discussion.) I will ensure my return for the Lord Baron's sumptuous feasts during the evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catherine von Xlorp
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Sly like a duck
badge
Try the biscuits
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune passes everywhere. We would be wise to predict those currents before they overwhelm us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Atalanta wrote:
is this the part of the thread where I point out that it is tradition to spill the water from washing your hands on the floor for the Fremen scum to mop up (and then sell it outside...water is a valuable commodity to the "common folks" here).

(also, my apologies, as I will be on the planet in an ornithopter studying worms all this week, 8a-5pm BGG time, and may not be available via PM or on the board for discussion.) I will ensure my return for the Lord Baron's sumptuous feasts during the evening.

I was actually hoping Jessica would announce that the tradition is barbaric and start giving out water freely... then Liet would have to build the dew collectors to keep the garden going.

OOC: The Sci-Fi channel's Dune WAS really good. But still, the Bene Gesserits facinate me more than any other faction in the book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The waste of water is deplorable. I must decline the invitation to participate in such insane waste. Please excuse me while I go get high on spice....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
How did I get mixed up in a planet such as this?
... uh.. don't.. mind ... me I .. just need.. some.... I HAVE TO HAVE SOME SPICE... sorry.. have to run for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:
Atalanta wrote:

I was actually hoping Jessica would announce that the tradition is barbaric and start giving out water freely... then Liet would have to build the dew collectors to keep the garden going.

OOC: The Sci-Fi channel's Dune WAS really good. But still, the Bene Gesserits facinate me more than any other faction in the book.

You sure have a thing for the BG arkibet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [64] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.