Subject: Is the Cultes Des Goules worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to understand this KS. Is it better to do the cultist and add a few items or is the Cultes Des Goules level a better deal? This reminds me of the Myth KS --- do I choose captain or apprentice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it boiled down to how important the KS exclusive player marker and the plastic gates were to me, and whether I could achieve a total pledge amount of $200(earning extra freebies) going with the Cultist level and my own chosen add-ons.

Eventually, I dropped my Father's Day Special(CDG) and went with an EB Cultist + my chosen add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thornby
United Kingdom
University of Warwick
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if you have a fixed budget and you want as much "game" as possible within those limits then you want the cultist + options.
If you want the KS exclusives then CDG is the better option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering I had a modest early bird cultist and thought the player marker was a bit overpriced for what it was, I decided to do cultist and then bought gates and an expansion to get over $200 and get the GOO freebies. At this point, I'm debating to whether to buy anything more or buy the rest when I can buy it online (and have the benefit of reviews). I might get some more if they offer some nicely priced add on bundles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
Trying to understand this KS. Is it better to do the cultist and add a few items or is the Cultes Des Goules level a better deal? This reminds me of the Myth KS --- do I choose captain or apprentice.

It really depends what you want and what you value.
You want everything ? then cultist will come to just a few $ more than CDG.
You want everything but the 1st player marker ? then cultist will save you a few bucks.
You want for 200$ of stuff to be eligible for the GOOs? then cultist might give you a bit more flexibility since you can pick and choose your expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The *eight* "free" mini-expansions are pretty much selling it to me. Even at at an OLGS discount with free shipping, we're looking at $20 apiece, or $160 total. If they're going to be released like most boardgames, the expansions *won't* be available when the base game reaches market. From a miniatures standpoint, the resin or metal miniatures, while higher quality, will definitely cost more than their boardgame counterparts.

The add-ons on a KS typically do not save you much money. So, to reach the $200 qualification for stretch goal freebies, you're adding stuff not much better than OLGS prices.

Myself, I also plan to use the miniatures for Arkham Horror, Call of Cthulhu, and Mansions of Madness.

Finally, if any gamers don't want the free grey stretch goal miniatures, drop me a line and update your want lists!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando theTech
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want what's bundled in with CDG (Opener expansion, 1st payer marker and custom dice) then it gives you a small discount compared to adding the same stuff to cultist

If you don't want all of the above go for cultist, and add back in what you want

note that 3 of the backer number based stretch goals (not yet reached) only apply to those who pick up CDG or the Opener expansion. They are only an existing mini in a different (grey) colour but will be KS only. If you have collector-itis you may feel you want them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.