Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since BGG is such a data centric place, it seems like users ought to be able to create polls a la Yahoo Groups. These polls could be standalone or attached to game entries (similarly to the way articles work).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, they should be attached to forum topics or messages. Among other uses, the werewolf players could use them for voting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keane
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be useful for all those, "Which game should I buy?" threads. I'm sure we'd have to deal with every other post being a poll for awhile, but it might be nice to have that feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

cad614 wrote:
It would also be useful for all those, "Which game should I buy?" threads. I'm sure we'd have to deal with every other post being a poll for awhile, but it might be nice to have that feature.

Very true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Polls sound like a good idea. And if they were stand-alone, they could have their own module. That way if people weren't interested, they wouldn't be bothered by them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I've been wanting to add for a long time. Someday......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to start a thread about this, but it has already been done. Let me second the idea.

I don't see a lot of use in stand-alone polls, as you'll get a ton of geek-question type polls (U2 or The Beatles?) and a lot of political stuff (Who will you vote for?). But I can see value in game-related polls (which party is your favorite in Die Macher? What's the optimal number of players for Time's Up? What Cosmic Encounter race most unbalances the game? etc).

Such a feature should allow the person who creates the poll to define the list of options (up to, say, 10 choices) and whether or not multiple selections are appropriate (e.g. "Which are good numbers of players to play the game Black Vienna? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10+").

This feature could knock out two birds with one stone, as many people want a means of logging the optimal number of players for a particular game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.