Subject: Overpay To Discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can one overpay resources when building to get rid (downsize) hand size? The rules state you can pay the resources that match / exceed what you are building. I assume this means only in the case of a double resource card. However can a player deliberately overpay to discard cards out of their hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the rules simply say "exceeds," I would say that you can discard as many as you want.

Of course, if your excess cards are "tainted," you'll get extra Corruption Amulets for them.

Remember that this discarding occurs only if you decide to Visit the Quarry.

If the last time your turn was to Visit the Market you chose option b (keep ALL cards in excess of 10), excess discarding at the Quarry might be a way to get rid of excess cards that might otherwise cost you Corruption Amulets the next time you Visit the Market.

But why did you keep all those cards on your first Market visit (and take the Corruption Amulets) if you were just going to discard them anyway?

I suppose that there could be good reasons in some cases (for a few stray cards), but I would still say that excess discarding is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that on page 4, under the section "Important notes regarding Game Turn", it specifically mentions that the "resource count paid during a visit to the Quarry never has to be exact" [underlining mine for emphasis].

I think that the intention here is that over payment of resource cards (standard or tainted) can be performed, although tainted resources still give corruption. However, you cannot simply 'pay' a character card to discard. They would have to be either played as normal, accepting any corruption, or discarded at the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.