Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Is there a default damage type for the characters? Each character used in a player attack adds +1 to the attack, but what kind of an attack is it?

For instance, an enemy in the dungeon has the ability of "Immunity: (harm)" with a stamina/life of 1. Do I have to use one of my characters PLUS a crawler card with a different kind of damage, like ranged or melee, in order to wound it?

2. "+1 Lock Target" ability? Does that I lock my character that is 1 space to the right of my lead character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
1. Is there a default damage type for the characters? Each character used in a player attack adds +1 to the attack, but what kind of an attack is it?

The Default is Melee (harm).

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
For instance, an enemy in the dungeon has the ability of "Immunity: (harm)" with a stamina/life of 1. Do I have to use one of my characters PLUS a crawler card with a different kind of damage, like ranged or melee, in order to wound it?

Yes, Adventurers adopt whatever attributes they are given from crawler cards. So if you give them (fire) or Ranged, they gain those attributes.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
2. "+1 Lock Target" ability? Does that I lock my character that is 1 space to the right of my lead character?

No, the target won't change, but if the target were going to gain a Lock Token already, this would stack and add on another Lock Token (effectively shutting down your Adventurer for 2 turns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
No, the target won't change, but if the target were going to gain a Lock Token already, this would stack and add on another Lock Token (effectively shutting down your Adventurer for 2 turns).

So it only applies if a character already has a lock? Or it puts a lock on a character? Player chooses or is it the primary target?

what does "traps gain +1 power" mean? The enemy gains +1 poer for each trap that is also in the dungeon at the time?

Also, having trouble figuring out how traps work exactly in general. Not finding it in the rules.

Do you only inflict a single wound if you win the power struggle? Or is it possible to inflict multiple wounds if you win the power struggle in a single turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
So it only applies if a character already has a lock? Or it puts a lock on a character? Player chooses or is it the primary target?

It's +1 Lock Token against its target. So, if it does not have an attribute that delivers Lock Tokens (like Pin), then it's 0+1 = 1 token. If the attacker has an ability like Pin, it would be 1+1 = 2 tokens.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
what does "traps gain +1 power" mean? The enemy gains +1 poer for each trap that is also in the dungeon at the time?

There are attackers called Traps, they have grey borders and say "trap" on the left hand side tab (the card type).

These attackers, will gain +1 to their power score when attacking.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Also, having trouble figuring out how traps work exactly in general. Not finding it in the rules.

They count as attackers when the Dungeon Retaliates. Treat them as Characters that you can not make attacks against, but which can attack you.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Do you only inflict a single wound if you win the power struggle?

Yes. If you win Combat you deliver 1 Wound only.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Or is it possible to inflict multiple wounds if you win the power struggle in a single turn?

Only with special Crawler cards like Cleave, Overwhelm, Rapid Strike and so on can you deliver more than 1 Wound during Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Brewtal_Legend wrote:

It's +1 Lock Token against its target. So, if it does not have an attribute that delivers Lock Tokens (like Pin), then it's 0+1 = 1 token. If the attacker has an ability like Pin, it would be 1+1 = 2 tokens.

So, it has no effect unless there is another card in the dungeon at the same time that would have something like Pin to cause the lock. Otherwise, it has no effect?

Quote:
Brewtal_Legend wrote:

There are attackers called Traps, they have grey borders and say "trap" on the left hand side tab (the card type).

These attackers, will gain +1 to their power score when attacking.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:

They count as attackers when the Dungeon Retaliates. Treat them as Characters that you can not make attacks against, but which can attack you.

S, traps have no stamina. Only power and do not contribute any stamina to the player attack power struggle. They only apply during the defend phase? How are they eliminated? They just go away at the end of the round?

So, the card with "traps gain +1 power" only gives the trap cards +1 if they are present. Otherwise, no effect?

The exact cards I was wondering about were:
1.Dreadlander Mercenary
2.10' & 20' Pit Trap

What's the difference between between "+1 Lock Target" and "Activate and +1 Lock Target"?

I should have mentioned they all had the immediate down arrow symbol. So these cards would NOT lock the player character on their own when they enter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
S, traps have no stamina. Only power and do not contribute any stamina to the player attack power struggle. They only apply during the defend phase?

Correct.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
How are they eliminated?

Cards like Acrobatic, Moving Search or Resourceful can be used to remove or "tie up" Trap cards - otherwise you'll have to defend against them.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
They just go away at the end of the round?

Correct. If there is nothing keeping them in play at the end of the turn, they will leave play.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
So, the card with "traps gain +1 power" only gives the trap cards +1 if they are present. Otherwise, no effect?

Correct. I assume you are talking about the Kobold. If the Kobold comes in to play and there are no Traps also in play, this ability has no effect.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
The exact cards I was wondering about were:
1.Dreadlander Mercenary
2.10' & 20' Pit Trap

What's the difference between between "+1 Lock Target" and "Activate and +1 Lock Target"?

+1 Lock Target = placing a Lock Token on the target Adventurer (the Adventurer can not; Attack, Defend, provide Resources or Boost cards).

Activate and +1 Lock Target = place a Lock Token on the target Adventurer AND Activate them. Since you can only Reset an Adventurer OR remove 1 Lock Token, the Adventurer is somewhat delayed further.

Activated Adventurers (not also Locked) can provide Resources and Boost cards, but can not Attack or Defend.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
I should have mentioned they all had the immediate down arrow symbol.

This is the "come in to play" indicator which means as soon as the card with that indicator hits the table, that effect happens.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
So these cards would NOT lock the player character on their own when they enter?

The Mercenary WILL Lock the Target immediately. Then during Retaliation, it will also attack.

The 20' Pit Trap WILL Lock the Target immediately. Then during Retaliation, it will also attack.

Brewtal_Legend wrote:
So, it has no effect unless there is another card in the dungeon at the same time that would have something like Pin to cause the lock. Otherwise, it has no effect?

I moved this to the bottom as it relates to the cards in question. As noted above, the Lock Tokens are placed when these cards come in to play.

It is a PLUS 1, not a TIMES 1.

Where you might be thinking it is 0 x 1 = 0, it is actually a 0 + 1 = 1.

Hope that helps clear it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks for the help.

If one enemy already locked and activated an adventurer, would it still target the primary and just add another lock token with no other effect since it has already been activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
thanks for the help.

If one enemy already locked and activated an adventurer, would it still target the primary and just add another lock token with no other effect since it has already been activated?

You're welcome.

Yes, the Primary target won't change, and Locks can stack (but Adventurers can only be Activated once).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.