Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » General

Subject: Good job Queen/Keith rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to say that Queen and especially Keith are doing a really good job of responding to the previous complaints about the DDD Kickstarter. Just the fact that they now appear to care/listen/respond is a big improvement. I was one of the really outraged people who was disappointed by the Kickstarter (and probably really annoyed everyone who didn't agree that parts of the game had been removed ) but now I'm feeling positive about the game again.

Regardless of whether certain models were always intended as stretch goals (I think we can all agree that its long past time to move on from that now) the fact that they are now listening to backer suggestions/concerns makes me a lot happier about backing. I didn't know anything about Queen before and didn't like what I saw at the start of the Kickstarter but now I feel confident that they're trying to give backers a good product and engage with them. I think trusting a company is the most important thing when you’re giving your money in advance.

Now I just need to know what use all those extra zombies are, they could be an amazing stretch goal but at the moment I don’t count them as having any value as I just don’t know what use they are zombie.

If you couldn't be bothered to read the whole post, the gist is that Queen/Keith are doing a good job at improving the level of interaction with backers and making the KS positive and fun again. There was also a clue in the title
20 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! Keith has really injected a lot of life and humor into the forums and into the project as a whole!
-ryanjamal
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see the improvement in customer support. Well done Keith.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, communication with customers improved greatly, that great for sure!

But I still can't understand why it couldn't be like that since the beginning? This isn't QG first KS, they are experienced publisher, this lack of communication shouldn't happen in the first place!

But it looks like thing are moving in better direction now!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OP +1
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
freemanaj86 wrote:
Just wanted to say that Queen and especially Keith are doing a really good job of responding to the previous complaints about the DDD Kickstarter. Just the fact that they now appear to care/listen/respond is a big improvement. I was one of the really outraged people who was disappointed by the Kickstarter (and probably really annoyed everyone who didn't agree that parts of the game had been removed ) but now I'm feeling positive about the game again.

Regardless of whether certain models were always intended as stretch goals (I think we can all agree that its long past time to move on from that now) the fact that they are now listening to backer suggestions/concerns makes me a lot happier about backing. I didn't know anything about Queen before and didn't like what I saw at the start of the Kickstarter but now I feel confident that they're trying to give backers a good product and engage with them. I think trusting a company is the most important thing when you’re giving your money in advance.

Now I just need to know what use all those extra zombies are, they could be an amazing stretch goal but at the moment I don’t count them as having any value as I just don’t know what use they are zombie.

If you couldn't be bothered to read the whole post, the gist is that Queen/Keith are doing a good job at improving the level of interaction with backers and making the KS positive and fun again. There was also a clue in the title


Alex, glad to see you back in the positive camp.
For a while I was beginning to get really frustrated, seeing all the harsh accusations being ventilated, but I think indeed Queen did an amzing job of listening to the audience and show them they really listen and care.
I am aware f the fact Queen has with some a bad reputation what kickstarter is concerned, but having visited the company, met up with the people and having had some substantial talks over the phone I can only say that these people, regardless of what some say, really do their best to learn from previous mistakes and do their utter bet to create a fair and balanced business to offer gamers quality products.
There is alot of "heart" in that company, I can only wish that people would experience what I have experienced from the inside.

What the zombies are concerned.
Actually, as we speak we are preparing a little surprise surrounding some additional sculpts. Everyone who read the current beta rules will understand that I am the kind of designer who wants to offer alot of detail in a system to make it truly come alive.
This definitly is the case of the additional zombie sculpts (allow me to not put numbers on it...I won't spoil the surprise) who all have a unique twist in the game. I love the idea of having the standard hordes and some special zombies popping up in the house at times to really up the challenge even more with a devious trick.

If DDD will prove a success, the sky will be the limit.
We want to expand the system and offer player a maximum variation in elements, both in rooms/functions, creatures, characters and events.
And yes, I have also plans for new missions for the team.
I see DDD as a toolbox that has all these mechanics that allow for alot of creativity and modularity.
Can't wait to see it evolve further in the next couple of months/years.

Anyway, thanks for the support.
Truly appreciated.



22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

What the zombies are concerned.
Actually, as we speak we are preparing a little surprise surrounding some additional sculpts. Everyone who read the current beta rules will understand that I am the kind of designer who wants to offer alot of detail in a system to make it truly come alive.
This definitly is the case of the additional zombie sculpts (allow me to not put numbers on it...I won't spoil the surprise) who all have a unique twist in the game.

Can't wait to see them! This will really add to the gameplay and the sense of the unknown lurking around every corner.

ausloosd wrote:

If DDD will prove a success, the sky will be the limit.
We want to expand the system and offer player a maximum variation in elements, both in rooms/functions, creatures, characters and events.
And yes, I have also plans for new missions for the team.

I hope the ks continues to climb. I can't wait to see all of these ideas come into fruition. Is there any possibility of the missions you describe being a part of the current ks as a stretch goal, or are these ideas solely for expansions down the road?
-ryanjamal
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Queen Keith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the wonderful coming out party...wait, sorry, that is not how I meant for that to sound. I really appreciate the engagement and support you all have shown. I am having a lot of fun and look forward to what the future holds.

Specifically, thank you so much for the kind words Alex. The post and thread made my day (and thank you to those who have participated in thread)...you got me all misty eyed! +1 if you know the movie without looking up the quote.

Don't be afraid of the Dark!

Keith
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
More excited for this game the more I hear about it. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to see the additional ideas you have for the game!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, I'm a backer... thumbsup
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rennie
United Kingdom
Louth
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alex - Everything you said is 100%

QG might have gone it wrong first but they listened and still listening.

I hope all those saying not enough value, will back soon, as it only benefits everyone
:- More backers, means - more money, means - more stretch goals are hit, means - better value for everyone.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with everyone here...getting Keith on board has had a great effect on the KS!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yup, Keith and Nikki make this KS sparkle!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Queen Keith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am blushing through the computer!!! Thank you very much for the kind words everyone...I think I am stuck in the house now because my head it too big to fit through the doorway. :-)

Thanks for such kind words to get the weekend off to an awesome start.

Keith
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.