Popular Tags: [View All]
olivier revenu
France
urt
Pyrennees atlantiques
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The game and the magazine are printing. Shipping in July.
Some pages of the magazine : http:/http://www.battlesmagazine.com/eshop/achat/produit_details.p...

More details in the forum : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/994275/back-to-battles-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tatman
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original so looking forward to this updated version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like an interesting game. I love the extra-wide counters. Are there more games in this series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
This looks like an interesting game. I love the extra-wide counters. Are there more games in this series?

Not yet; its limitations are balance. But it could be applied to many medieval battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case folks missed it, the special die needed for the game is giving the team much grief, especially the big three hex units. The game won't make it out this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles Vasey wrote:
Just in case folks missed it, the special die needed for the game is giving the team much grief, especially the big three hex units. The game won't make it out this month.

Well, the Battles magazine website still states a release date of July 2013. What's the next best guess? Or even a guess at which date an actual shipping date might be announced? Will we still see the game this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:
Charles Vasey wrote:

Well, the Battles magazine website still states a release date of July 2013. What's the next best guess? Or even a guess at which date an actual shipping date might be announced? Will we still see the game this year?

There is no data, but given that much of France is on holiday in August I'd not expect it before la rentrée.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabe tambour wrote:
The game and the magazine are printing. Shipping in July.

Has anyone received their copy yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, have you read the post immediately above yours? The way I read it suggests that it won't be shipped before the general holidays in France are over at the end of August...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How long are these holidays?! It's late November!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:

The counter container was impounded by the jacks because it contained not only the counters but various body parts.

They did not understand that the blood sacrifice is still common in northern England.

This week they finally admitted Olivier didn't do it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles Vasey wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:

The counter container was impounded by the jacks because it contained not only the counters but various body parts.

They did not understand that the blood sacrifice is still common in northern England.

Oh, well, this explains it!

Somehow, I find myself strangely reassured, Sir Charles, by your humorous explanation, that I will be ordering battles with lovely colorful counters one of these days, possibly as early as the current decade.

Assuming the carrion beetles clean the bones to allow for the ongoing forensic investigation.

It's not like I don't have an addition to the house to construct out of OGRE Designer's Edition counters . . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Charles Vasey wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:

Oh, well, this explains it!

Somehow, I find myself strangely reassured, Sir Charles, by your humorous explanation, that I will be ordering battles with lovely colorful counters one of these days, possibly as early as the current decade.

Assuming the carrion beetles clean the bones to allow for the ongoing forensic investigation.

It's not like I don't have an addition to the house to construct out of OGRE Designer's Edition counters . . . .

Blood for the Blood God, Barry!

Sadly my explanation seems to be all too true. Clearly they order things differently in the container trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I awoke this morning to the first wet dream I've experienced in years. I've really got to get this old bladder-infected cat to the vet.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the magazine is now available, but their website states that two boxes of the die-cut counters are missing, so you can only order it without the counters. The counter sheet is available via .pdf for download, but I'm not sure I can do a decent job printing and cutting my own.

And what do you use for the cardboard?

What glue do you use so the printed sheet doesn't wrinkle (definitely not Elmer's I suppose)?

Is there someplace I can buy a copy of Battles #9 with the counters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.