Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it says "+1 strength for the remainder of the run", I assume it means the strength is increased automatically for every subsequent ice I encounter during the current run? I ask because in another thread it's been said that you have to increase strength of a program for each ice encountered... Not sure what's right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Thomas
United Kingdom
Enfield
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
If it says "+1 strength for the remainder of the run", I assume it means the strength is increased automatically for every subsequent ice I encounter during the current run? I ask because in another thread it's been said that you have to increase strength of a program for each ice encountered... Not sure what's right...

You are correct. It is automatically increased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Icebreakers that say strength is increased "until the end of the run" hold onto any strength increases you do for the entire run.

Icrebreakers that do not have this perk have to reboost their strength for each piece of ice.

Icebreakers that hold their strength include:

- Gordian Blade
- Battering Ram
- Pipeline
- Snowball (though notice it only holds it's strength based on the number of subroutines it breaks).

There's probably another I've missed but I think that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

"Until the end of the Run" is a special condition on some specific Shaper icebreakers.

Normally ICE loses any strength boost when the encounter is over. "Until the end of the Run" overrides this normal situation. The icebreaker *maintains* any strength boosts applied to it until the Run is over.

For example, if you spend 2 [credit] to boost Battering Ram from strength 3 to strength 5 to get through a Wall of Thorns, Battering Ram 'keeps' its strength boosts (not its break credits) until the Run is over. A second Wall of Thorns would require no additional strength boost, and if you encountered an un-advanced Hadrian's Wall, you would only need 2 more [credit] to get to strength 7 on your Battering Ram (and would then pay to break).

Once the run is over, these 'maintained' boosts are lost.

-=-=-=-

Try to keep in mind the golden rule (the card is always right and always overrides the rules). Answers to questions are almost always going to be the general or rules-based case because covering every exception is getting increasingly difficult as the card pool expands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

Just to clarify what others are saying, breakers that do not have that text looses it's strength each time you encounter ice. That is normal operations. Cards with the text you are referring to are exceptions to the normal rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.