flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitchell: 31
Terence: 30
Dan: 30
Esther: 28
Marisue: 18

After schooling us in the ways of Stephenson's Rocket, we set that aside, called Casterboy over, and set up for a game of Pirate's Cove. I selected the yellow pieces, so that when I ran away from battles, nobody would be surprised.

In this particular game, Marisue took a real beating. For the first 5 or 6 turns she was unable to get to any island without at least one other person going there. Time after time she was crippled and sent away without any plunder of any kind.

Several heated battles occured, including one in which Mitchell sent the Royal Navy after my ship. Due to some previous battles I was already close to being crippled in cannons anyway, so I figured "What the hell". In an amazing reversal of fate, I actually managed to win!

In the second to last round of the game, both Dan and I went to "cannon" island. He was looking to upgrade his cannons so that he could fight the pirates at Pirate's Cove in the last round. I was going there for the fame points, since I had no treasures to deliver.

It wasn't looking good. He had more cannons than me, plus the parrot that enhances them. I had 2 measly cannons. At this point in the game, we were very close in points. After pondering my options, I figured "What the hell" and played the battle card where a hit is 3,4,5 OR 6, but your cannons take two points of damage. My plan was to fire at his cannons with both of mine, hopefully inflict two points of damage, and kill his parrot, thus taking him down in points. The plan worked perfectly.

To add insult to injury, when I drew my card after repairing my ship, I managed to get the very parrot that I had just killed!

I also got the joy of knowing that I had foiled Dan's plans to kill the dread pirate in the last round. He was really counting on that parrot to win him the battle. The dread pirate (The Flying Dutchman) more or less slaughtered him. I stepped away momentarily and missed the slaughter, but I heard that it was quite horrific, extremely fast, and more than a little painful. It's hard being a pirate.

Sadly, I had forgotten that people besides myself might have drawn cards that would give them points at the end. And so, Dan ended up tied with me anyway. Even worse, casterboy managed to pull ahead of us all for the win!

Curses! Foiled again! I'll win this one someday... maybe..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.